Be adventurous with these goat cheese stuffed, peach chutney, bacon, and basil burgers. You’ll be surprised how good it tastes!
Well that was quick. Just yesterday I mentioned that any day now someone will snatch me up for a job. Sure enough shortly after applying to a couple jobs yesterday morning I got a phone call from one asking to set up an in-person interview. An hour later I had a confirmation e-mail for an interview on August 18th! I should foretell things more often on this blog – it’s magical. I did just apply to two more perfect-for-me jobs O:-).
To celebrate this crazy turn of events lets have some fun with our food by combining meat and fruit into one crazy-awesome burger. This burger starts off decently normal with a little pepper mixed into the meat and bacon for topping but then you stuff some goat cheese in the patty and add peach chutney, peach slices, and basil on top. Sounds weird but tastes delicious. If you are skeptical assemble it with everything but the peach slices, but put them on the side to try. I bet they will end up on that burger if you give them a chance.
Bring on the Bacon!
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf from That Recipe
- BLT Tacos from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Hot Bacon Dressing from Jen Around the World
- Maple Bacon Grilled Broccoli from Palatable Pastime
- Pain au Bacon (Bacon Sourdough) from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Side Pork Bacon from Art of Natural Living
Two years ago: Cinnabon Roll Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp chopped green bell pepper (or jalapeno for extra heat)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 oz. goat cheese, sliced and flattened into 4 rounds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thick bacon slices, halved
- 1/2 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill to 350-400 degrees (medium-high) heat.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, pepper and chili powder. Divide mixture into fourths and gently shape around the goat cheese rounds, forming 4 patties. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in the skillet and increase medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in the preserves, vinegar, and seasonings. Cook for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Grill burgers 4-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Serve on toasted buns with onion mixture, bacon, peach slices, and basil leaves.
Source: Adapted from Southern Living, August 2014.