Bring your A-game to brunch with this quiche filled with goat cheese and spinach, and topped with tomato slices.
Have you heard this nonsense that TN may no longer observe daylight savings time? It has been proposed that after the clocks advance this spring, to never change them again in the state of Tennessee. At first I heard that the entire state was going to be in Eastern time which made absolutely zero sense since most of the state resides in Central time.
Thankfully that was wrong information. But either way I don’t like the idea. TN borders so many states that it undoubtedly would cause problems for cities (such as Memphis) on the edges. However I would be okay with a nation-wide eternal continuation of daylight savings. No more winters with 4:30 pm sunsets? Sounds fantastic to me.
This quiche was actually made the morning after all that snow hit east TN. I figured it was a good opportunity to make my parents breakfast and actually beat my dad to the punch because he had the same idea, but I woke up earlier. I decided to let him cook breakfast on Valentine’s Day instead.
Post updated 11/22/20, photo above is the original.
Two years ago: Crispy Parmesan Green Beans
Three years ago: Feta & Broccoli Pizza
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, uncooked
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 ripe tomato, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and spinach; cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted and onion is softened. Let mixture cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add the spinach mixture and goat cheese, stir to blend.
- Pour into prepared pie pan and top with tomato slices.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 40-50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Adapted from my Kale Quiche. Inspired by Life’s a Feast.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!
Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
So delicious,quick and easy. Only had a little goat cheese left so I used Brie. It’s in the oven but I think it will be fine. Love this recipe.
Thanks so much Carol! I bet it would be great with brie too.
I know that Arizona doesn’t observe DST…but I hadn’t heard about that for TN! Crazy. I could do without 4:30 sundown also. For the record. Yay for quiche! This is filled with so much goodness.
I love everything about this quiche!
And the quiche was very good. Even better since I did not have to cook it.
This quiche looks amazing! Love the addition of goat cheese.
Sometimes i wish we would get rid of daylight savings too…I hate in in the winter. But then summer comes and I love it, so I guess I’m on the fence. What I’m not on the fence about though is this dang quiche! I have never made a quiche, but I think Logan would LOVE it, so I need to get my buns in that kitchen!