Despite the maddness of moving I still managed to participate in the Secret Recipe Club this month, and I am glad I did because I was assigned to Karen’s Kitchen Stories. I had a hard time choosing a recipe as she had lots of great choices such as Mini Hazelnut and Cacao Nib Madelines, Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs, and Crusty Apple Pie.
In the end I went with these vanilla sprinkle cookies because I found out that my nephew is obsessed with sprinkles and is already a master sprinkler. What better cookie to make and send to them for Valentine’s Day? For the upcoming holiday I used red/white/pink sprinkles, which were the perfect accent to these chewy delicious cookies. They may need a repeat for other holidays throughout the year with the appropriate change-up of sprinkle colors!
Two years ago: Banana Peanut Butter Cup Muffins
Three years ago: Orange Strawberry Banana Smoothie
VANILLA SPRINKLE COOKIES
Makes 4 dozen cookies
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix briefly. Add the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Place sprinkles in a small bowl. Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, form the dough into balls and place them in the sprinkles, turning to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Source: Karen’s Kitchen Stories.