This weekend was dedicated to a lot of packing. Most people I know in Memphis were out of town for the holiday so it forced me to occupy myself with cardboard boxes. The hardest decision has not been what to toss and what to keep, but what to put in storage and what I will need/want during the next 3+ months which primarily concerns my closet and a little bit of the kitchen and bathroom – a very daunting task if you have seen my closet. It’d be simpler if I knew exactly how long this temporary living situation was going to last. Alas I do not which means I’ll end up storing slightly less than I would otherwise just to be safe, and will need to make sure those boxes don’t accidentally migrate into storage!
Two years ago: Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Three years ago: Spaghetti with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
CREAM CHEESE AND BELL PEPPER STUFFED CHICKEN
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 wedges (1.5 oz.) Laughing Cow chive & onion cream cheese spread
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
Pinch of salt
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray the rack with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Butterfly the breast in half, opening it like a book, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend together the cream cheese, bell pepper, and salt. Spread mixture onto one side of the chicken breast, and fold back together.
- Dip the chicken in the egg white and then the Panko mixture. Press the Panko onto the chicken to completely coat. Transfer to the prepared wire rack.
- Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original