What’s better than a big chewy chocolate chip cookie? One that is stuffed with a Reese’s peanut butter cup!
Last night my phone jumped out of my lap and onto the ground of a dark and rainy world while I got out of my car to check my mail. Unfortunately I did not realize it had escaped until I was in my apartment 2 minutes later. Immediately I searched the 50 foot path I had just taken since the last time I saw my phone (in my car) but was no where to be found. How on earth does someone lose their phone between parking their car and walking to their door? Like I said it had only been two minutes, which made me think someone had already seen and taken it.
But I fetched my “I can beat you with this” flashlight and continued my search – still nothing. That was until I was staring at the ground in front of the mailbox and heard it ring. Someone had found it alright, and had placed it in the clear bin where all the misaddressed mail gets tossed. Hooray for that honest person! Maybe it’s because it wasn’t a smart phone… “Hey a free phone! Boo nevermind, who uses these dumb phones anymore?”
I then put my phone to sleep in a cozy bed of rice, in hopes that it would suffer no damage from my negligence. I just got this phone a week ago, and in all my years of owning cell phones I have yet to lose or break a single one (knock on wood). Commence the stress-induced cookie cravings! Who am I kidding I don’t need stress to crave cookies, but still a good excuse, right?
Thankfully, I constantly have pre-scooped cookie dough balls in my freezer for when I somehow don’t have any sweets lying around and don’t have the time to mix up something to bake. But instead of just thawing them and placing on a cookie sheet (homemade place-and-bake cookies!), I decided to make use of a huge bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups I remembered I had. They seemed especially perfect for innards to my big, fat, chewy multichip cookies that I love so much, with not only semisweet chocolate, but also white chocolate and peanut butter morsels. And now, an extra dose of peanut buttery-ness!
And yes the rice bed worked! Is it strange that I was thinking of what to cook out of the rice after taking my phone out? It’s still perfectly good, I promise!
Post updated 10/27/20, photos above and below are the originals.
- 1 batch big, fat, chewy, multichip cookies (or your favorite recipe)
- 24 regular-sized Reese's peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Prepare cookie dough as directed. With a medium cookie scoop, take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of a Reese's peanut butter cup. Take another half scoop of dough and place on bottom of cup. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until it is enclosed with dough. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours*, but overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper). Place cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
* Don't want to wait to chill? They will still bake just fine but the flavor/texture improves when chilled.
Source: Inspired by Recipe Girl.