These almond chocolate chunk cookies are a variation of my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies – chopped milk chocolate almond bars, and sliced almonds.
It’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! To help celebrate Nielsen-Massey sent me some of their Madagascar Bourbon pure vanilla extract to use in cookies I baked to celebrate this occasion. And better yet they are also giving away a bottle to one of my readers. Just use the Rafflecopter widget after checking out these cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies are another variation on my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies. They are actually chocolate chunk cookies but I think they still qualify for the holiday. I chopped up 6 full-sized milk chocolate bars with almonds and also added sliced almonds, almond meal and as usual a whole tablespoon of vanilla extract. The Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract made these nutty cookies especially delicious.
One year ago: Strawberry Banana Granola
Two years ago: Raw Cookie Dough Bites
ALMOND CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/2 cup almond meal/flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
2 cups (9 oz.) chopped milk chocolate candy bars with almonds
1 cup sliced almonds
- Sift together the flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chocolate and nuts.
- Rolls 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball that is slightly taller than wide and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight for best results (I’ve refrigerated for up to a week).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are barely golden (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted slightly from My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Disclosure: Nielsen-Massey sent me complimentary product and sponsored this giveaway. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
a Rafflecopter giveaway