Love cookie dough? I guess the better question may be, who doesn’t love cookie dough? It didn’t seem like it could truly ever get any better, until someone decided to fake us all out and make it healthy. Somehow the combination of ground up nuts, oats, agave and chocolate chips manages to taste like chocolate chip cookie dough. They are easily made in your food processor, and stored in the freezer. No baking necessary!
These things were so good, they curbed my cookie cravings. No joke. Until they were all gone of course, then I was diving right back into the cookie jar. Suppose I should’ve made more of them instead.
RAW COOKIE DOUGH BITES
Makes approximately 20 bites
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw rolled oats
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and pulse just to combine.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 Tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
Source: A Dash of Compassion