Pizza for One – most commonly found in the frozen food section at your grocery store but now you can make it at home almost as fast! This pizza dough doesn’t require any rise time or yeast which means you can whip up this little guy in the same amount of time that it takes your oven to preheat. Single-Serving-Sunday-win!
I rolled my dough out thinner than 1/4-inch because I tend to like thin-crust pizzas, so mine ended up being about 6-inches in diameter and therefore used a bit more toppings. In you don’t roll yours out as thin you may not need as much toppings but have fun with it! Maybe even make yourself a single serving calzone?
One year ago: Buckeye Rice Krispies Treats
Two years ago: Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
PIZZA FOR ONE
1/4 cup white whole wheat all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% Chobani)
TOPPINGS (or use your favorites)
2 Tbsp pizza sauce
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
1 Tbsp mini turkey pepperoni
8 small basil leaves
- Preheat toaster oven (or regular oven) to 400 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside (can also use a preheated pizza stone).
- In a small bowl, mix together the dough ingredients until a soft dough forms. Knead until no longer sticky. Add more flour or yogurt if needed to reach the proper consistency.
- On prepared baking sheet, roll out dough to desired shape and thickness (I rolled mine pretty thin). Top with pizza sauce, cheese and remaining toppings.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the dough is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut into slices or pick it up and eat it whole!.
Source: Adapted slightly from Jo and Sue.