Welcome to #IceCreamWeek! Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina have teamed up with more than 20 of their blog friends to bring you a week full of ice cream treats, including a special ice cream giveaway, and our party week ends TODAY! Prepare to have your taste buds tempted with some of the best ice cream treats around! Make sure you enter the giveaway for a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and two fabulous ice cream cookbooks so that you can join in on the ice cream fun!
Today we are celebrating Jen of Juanita’s Cocina‘s Birthday with an Ice Cream Party! To show her some love, we invite you all to head over to her website today to wish her the happiest of birthdays. You can also stop by her Facebook wall to wish her a Happy Birthday there as well!
No birthday is complete without some sprinkles so for the party today I brought funfetti ice cream on top of individual funfetti krispie treats, which are what I decided to call funfetti ice cream krispie cupcakes because, well, they look like cupcakes! You can either pick them up and shove them into your face, or be more civilized and use a spoon or fork. Actually I think this treat is a great time to use a spork.
If you’d like to check out today’s #IceCreamWeek recipes, drool over the blogs below:
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Cake by Cravings of a Lunatic
Ice Cream Crunch Cake by Juanita’s Cocina
Birthday Ice Cream Bombe by girlichef
Japanese Yuzu Citrus Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
Coconut-Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Cups by The Kitchen is My Playground
Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Cookistry
Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake by Food Babbles
Funfetti Ice Cream Krispie Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
Brownie Fudge Ripple Ice Cream by Poet in the Pantry
Please join us today, Saturday, August 17th at 2 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) for our PinChatLive Event happening simultaneously on Pinterest and G+. We’ll be announcing the winners of our giveaway and talking ice cream! Please join us for our Ice Cream Social at 2 pm! We have ice cream cookbooks up for grabs. We also have 10 Ben & Jerry’s Swag Prizes up for grabs. So check out our Pinterest Board, #IceCreamWeek during the event at 2 p.m. today to win one of these amazing prizes!
One year ago: Dark Chocolate Black Cherry Oatmeal Cookie-wiches
Two years ago: Caprese Salad Grilled Cheese Sandwich
FUNFETTI ICE CREAM KRISPIE CUPCAKES
Makes 12 “cupcakes”
1-1/2 cups low fat milk
4oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup dry white or yellow cake mix
2-1/2 cups half and half
1/4 cup sprinkles
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
10 oz. bag (4 cups) of mini marshmallows
3/4 cup dry white or yellow cake mix
6 cups puffed rice cereal
- For the ice cream: The day before, place ice cream maker bowl in freezer to make sure it is frozen and ready to use the next day.
- In a large bowl combine the low fat milk with the pudding mix and dry cake mix. Whisk until combined, then add the half and half and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker bowl and churn according to your machine’s instructions. Once it reaches soft serve consistency fold in the sprinkles, and pour into a freezable container. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- For the krispie “cupcakes”: Lightly coat a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Stir in cake mix until dissolved, then stir in the cereal until evenly coated. Add the sprinkles and mix until evenly distributed.
- Press mixture evenly into cavities of prepared muffin pan. Allow to cool completely.
- For assembly: Remove “cupcakes” from pan and place one scoop of ice cream on top of each. If desired, top with whipped cream, cherry and additional sprinkles. Enjoy!
*These are best served immediately after preparing. You can assemble and freeze but the krispie treat will be harder.