It’s a surprise virtual baby shower for Rachel of Rachel Cooks! She is expecting her second little joy and to celebrate Brandy (Nutmeg Nanny) & Brandi (Bran Appetit) put together this awesome baby shower full of great food bloggers and delicious food. Congrats Rachel!!
I decided to make a seasonally appropriate dip with one of my dip ingredients – Chobani Greek yogurt! Combined with pureed sweet potato, brown sugar, maple syrup, spices, pecans and little pieces of pie crust to dunk into it, this dip tastes just like sweet potato pie.
SWEET POTATO PIE DIP WITH PIE CRUST DIPPERS
Makes about 3-1/2 cups dip and 3 dozen dippers
1 pie crust (home made or refrigerated*)
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Cinnamon-sugar, for sprinkling
2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (I used 0% Chobani)
1 cup sweet potato puree (about 1 potato)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- For the pie crust dippers, unroll pie crust and cut out desired shapes. Re-roll as needed. Place cutouts on prepared baking sheet about 1-inch apart (they will not spread much). Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 7-10 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- For the dip, in a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, sweet potato, brown sugar, maple syrup and spices until well incorporated. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Place in serving bowl and serve with pie crust dippers or gingersnaps.
* I noticed that when using store bought pie crusts, the cutouts from the re-rolled dough puffed up and shrank when baked. For this reason I think it would be better to use homemade.
Source: Dip is a Spiffy Cookie original. Pie Crust Dippers from Crazy for Crust.
Check out all the other bloggers’ contributions:
- Nutmeg Nanny – S’mores Popcorn
- Creative Culinary – White Chocolate “Quilted” Cupcakes
- Sarah’s Cucina Bella – Apple Asiago Prosciutto Bites
- Miss in the Kitchen – White Chocolate Biscoff Muddy Buddies
- Fake Ginger – Snickerdoodle Scones
- Cookistry – Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake
- Bake Your Day – Salted Caramel Cashew Popcorn
- Bread & Butter – Primal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- A Spicy Perspective – Turtle Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
- 30A EATS – Southern Cheese Straws
- Taste and Tell – Baby Blue Layered Jello
- Oh Sweet Basil – Mini Blackberry Pies
- Bakeaholic Mama – Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars
- Steph’s Bite by Bite – Baby Blueberry Pies
- Susie Freaking Homemaker – Cucumber Sandwiches
- Diabetic Foodie – Cranberry Citrus Meatballs (Slow Cooker)
- Chip Chip Hooray – Itty Bitty Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- The Lemon Bowl – Hermit Bars
- Budget Gourmet Mom – Baby Blue Cheese Burgers
- Mother Thyme – Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pass the Sushi – Sweet Potato Soup with Maple Cream
- Eat2Gather – Chicken Salad
- Bran Appetit – Bourbon Toffee Popcorn
- Thrifty Veggie Mama – Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Pesto Crostini
- Cooking with Books – Curried Salmon Phyllo Cups
- Farmgirl Gourmet – Dark Chocolate Cashew Brittle Cookies
- London Bakes – Mini Onion and Feta Pizzas