Last night I decided to watch the Pro Bowl as an excuse to eat nachos. Unfortunately the game was less than exciting (now I know why no one watches that game), but at least my dinner did not disappoint!
I love trying different takes on the traditional nachos. When I first moved to Memphis, I was introduced to BBQ nachos which are amazing! My favoriteis when it is served with shredded cheese instead of the cheese sauce. Just depends on the restaurant, and I have therefore developed favorite establishments for my BBQ nacho cravings.
When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it as well. It was very flavorful and surprisingly filling – perfect because I may have eaten the entire pan otherwise. Of course I also dipped mine in some Ranch… O:-)
8 whole wheat tortillas
10 oz shredded chicken (I used canned)
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce, plus more
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 diced avocado for garnish
Olive oil for spritzing
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into eight wedges, place on baking sheet in a single layer, spritz with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat until all are crispy.
- In a small bowl mix together the chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Add a layer of chips to the bottom of a baking dish, then top with chicken, cheese, Gorgonzola, and chives. Continue layering until chips and ingredients are gone. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Drizzle additional wing sauce over top and garnish with more scallions and avocado.
Source: Adapted slightly from How Sweet It Is