Take white pizza to the next level with this grape & gorgonzola pizza. Complimented by a little rosemary and honey this pizza is a must for fall.
This content was created using complimentary products from Melissa’s Produce and, Dixie Crystals. I was not otherwise compensated and all thoughts/opinions are my own.
It’s time to start caving into fall cooking/baking for #FallFlavors Week! I am not quite ready for pumpkin yet. Baby steps. Thankfully fall isn’t only about pumpkin, there are all kinds of delicious flavors to enjoy. Although I think my first recipe for this week might come as a bit of a surprise
Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza?
Already a fan of fruit on pizza (not to be confused with dessert fruit pizza)? Then prepare yourself for your latest obsession! A olive oil-based white pizza like no other topped with sweet red grapes, fontina, gorgonzola, rosemary, and a little honey.
If you thought I was weird for putting strawberries on top of pizza then this pizza might not be for you. But even my skeptical husband loved it so I really think you should give it a chance. After all, this pizza was inspired by the pizza chain Pies & Pints so clearly others like it as well.
I don’t incorporate grapes in my cooking nearly enough, so why not make them the star? Especially when I got two big containers of fresh grapes (and rosemary) from Melissa’s Produce for #FallsFlavors Week (along with sugar from Dixie Crystals). I originally wasn’t sure if I would use the grapes, as I don’t normally think of them for fall, but man am I glad I decided to make this.
First I coated the grapes in a sweet white wine reduction to really bring out their flavor. Then, the combination of the sweet red grapes with tangy gorgonzola cheese and aromatic rosemary was really something special. Especially when finished off with a post-oven drizzle of honey, a topping I use more and more frequently these days. It’s up there with a post-oven balsamic reduction drizzle.
Stayed tuned all week for more but in the meantime, check out all the other delicious recipes shared today listed below. Then scroll further down for sponsor info, giveaway prizes, and the widget with which to enter to win!
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Butter Pecan Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n’ Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti
Seven years ago: Mini Reese’s-Oreo Cheesecakes
Eight years ago: Beginner Fondant
Nine years ago: Sweet Potato Breakfast Biscuits
Ten years ago: Chicken Pot Pie Wellington
- 1 recipe pizza dough, risen
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine (like Vin Santo)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 4 oz. shredded Fontina
- 3 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- Honey, for serving
- Place pizza stone* on oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add wine and sugar. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves. Continue to boil until reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 5 minutes. Add grapes and gently stir to coat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough and transfer to a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Evenly brush on the olive oil, followed by fontina, gorgonzola, grapes, and rosemary.
- Transfer to the pizza stone (without removing from the oven) and bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn golden and the cheese starts to bubble.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes. Drizzle with honey, slice and serve.
*If you don't have a pizza stone, assemble your pizza on a baking pan.
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valuea Rafflecopter giveaway
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.