BBQ brisket is amazing, but have you ever had a BBQ brisket burger? Seems wrong to grind it up, but oh so delicious.
In case you are new here I freaking love BBQ. I was born in TX (although I didn’t live there very long after), grew up with a exceptionally good BBQ joint in Western NY called Dinosaur BBQ, and lived in Memphis for 7 years, so you could say I’ve eaten my fair share of BBQ. Last week was actually the World Championship BBQ Contest in Memphis, an event I rarely miss but sadly was unable to attend this year. To make up for it I am celebrating #BBQWeek with a group of bloggers instead!
When I think of BBQ it’s pulled pork, ribs, baked bean, corn, etc. Others think of things that are in general cooked on the grill (aka barbeque grill). So how about a BBQ brisket burger? It felt wrong to grind up perfectly good brisket, but damn did it make a good burger! Just mix in a little BBQ rub and top with more BBQ sauce. I also added cheese, grilled red onion, and of course bacon! To further the BBQ dream, check out the other recipes shared today listed below.
- BBQ Beef Spring Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- BBQ Brisket Burger by The Spiffy Cookie
- Best Creamy Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ceviche Shrimp Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Corn Fritters by Back To My Southern Roots
- Cuban Sandwich Burger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Grilled Mac and Cheese Burgers by Our Good Life
- Grilled Pineapple Mai Tai by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- https://www.hezzi-dsbooksandcooks.com/2019/05/grilled-porterhouse-steaks-with-garlic-herb-compound-butter.html by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Veggie Pasta by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Baked Beans by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Feta and Tequila Dressing by Food Above Gold
- Sosaties (South African Lamb and Apricot Kebabs) by Caroline’s Cooking
- St. Louis BBQ Pork Steaks by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Strawberry Basil Margarita by The Beard and The Baker
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Tropical Cheesecake Bars by Family Around the Table
- Warm Roasted Carrot & Pea Chipotle Salad by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Three years ago: Rent the Runway Pro Review
Four years ago: Sourdough Pancakes
Five years ago: Twix Brownies
Six years ago: Peanut Butter Banana Bagels
Eight years ago: Baked Blueberry Almond Pancakes
BBQ BRISKET BURGERS
1-1/2 lb. ground beef brisket
1 Tbsp BBQ rub seasoning
4 slices of cheddar cheese
4 slices of bacon, halved and cooked
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Preheat gill or place a large non stick pan on the stove top.
- In a large bowl, combine ground brisket and seasoning together and form into 4 patties. Grill or pan fry the burgers and the red onion slices about 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Top burger patties with cheese and remove from heat.
- Place lettuce and red onion on bottom half of burger bun, top burger, bacon, and a drizzle of bbq sauce. Sandwich with top half of burger bun and dig in!
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original.