This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. #AuthenticMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Want crispy flavorful wings but don’t want to deal with a deep fryer? Make these wings in a slow cooker and finish them off in the broiler and you may end up thinking they are better than fried.
Man, did November make an entrance or what? All the unseasonably warm weather we were having throughout October? POOF! Gone. Whatever happened to a gradual decline in the temperatures? We seemed to have skipped right from the 80s to the 40s, missing that sweet spot of fall in the 60s and 70s which are perfect for backyard bonfires. Guess it’s time to bust out the slow cooker if you haven’t already.
While I am a big fan of utilizing the magical powers of a slow cooker year round, I definitely utilize it more in the cooler months because soups and stews keep me warm from the inside out. However, don’t be fooled into thinking that’s the only thing that gets cooked in there, my slow cooker tag is proof of it’s versatility as is this recipe I am sharing today.
When you hear the name P.F. Chang’s® the first thing you think of may not be chicken wings but I am here to change that. Step aside deep fryer, these slow cooker wings were made with the NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Soy Sauce, currently only available at Walmart (along with Teriyaki, Kung Pao, Sesame, and Mongolian), and they couldn’t be easier. Like many slow cooker recipes you add the protein, stir up the sauce, pour over, and cook! I did however add 2 more easy steps to really make these wings shine.
After cooking in the flavorful sauce made of P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Lower Sodium Soy Sauce, honey, sriracha, and orange juice, I cooked down a portion of the sauce to create a glaze to brush on the wings before broiling until crispy. The end results is a crispy wing just as if it were fried. And that my friends is how the P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces contribute to easy, creative Asian-inspired cuisine!
Interested into other sauces besides P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Lower Sodium Soy Sauce? Don’t forget, the P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces line also includes Teriyaki, Kung Pao, Sesame, and Mongolian. What will you make with these sauces?
Two years ago: Treacle Tart
Three years ago: Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Bagel Bites for One
Four years ago: Baked Choco-Peanut Butter Doughnuts
Five years ago: Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Cheesecake Frosting
Six years ago: Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
SLOW COOKER SWEET & SPICY WINGS
4 lb. chicken wings
1 cup P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Lower Sodium Soy Sauce
1 cup honey
1/3 cup sriracha
1 cup orange juice
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place wings in the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sauce, honey, sriracha, and juice. Pour over chicken. Add more orange juice if needed to cover.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil, line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Remove the chicken wings from the slow cooker and arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Strain and reserve 2 cups of the cooking juices and place in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cooking until thickened.
- Brush reduced sauce over chicken and broil until crispy, about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve garnished with cilantro or sliced green onions.
Source: Adapted from Girl Carnivore.
P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission.