These perfectly chewy milk chocolate chip cookies are full of chopped pistachios and toffee. Sweet, nutty, and chewy all in one.
Once you’ve found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, what do you next? Make variations of course! Even since I perfected my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies I have been experimenting with different mix-ins. This latest creation was inspired by Trader Joe’s dark chocolate roasted pistachio toffee. I’ve already made two other recipes in the likeness of this treat, mini pistachio cupcakes and dark chocolate pistachio saltine cracker toffee, but now it was time for some cookies and instead of dark chocolate I used milk chocolate.
Two years ago: Baked Turkey Ricotta Meatballs
PISTACHIO & TOFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits
1 cup chopped pistachios
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chips, toffee and pistachios by hand.
- Rolls 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball that is slightly taller than wide and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight for best results (I’ve refrigerated for up to a week).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are barely golden (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted slightly from My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.