Enjoy the flavors of summer with this easy peach chicken dish. A lightly seasoned chicken breast is topped with fresh roasted peaches and balsamic glaze.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A couple days ago I sent out a meeting request to my graduate committee in order to schedule my dissertation defense. Commence total freak out/panic attack. 4 of the 5 have responded thus far and it looks like it may be either Sept 23 or 24th, assuming the 5th person has no conflicts those days.
It’s a little over 2 months away but just thinking about it gets my heart racing in nervous anticipation. I feel as though I have so much to do still! You may not notice by looking at me but inside I am screaming. Once I know the date for sure I’ll be in desperate need of food blogging friend-guest posts the week or two beforehand. Until then I’ll do my best not to neglect the spiffyness.
After what I just shared, you’d think that I would be posting a crazy comfort food dish today for Single Serving Sunday (like a single serving deep dish chocolate chip cookie maybe?). It almost happened and I am sure it will in the future but for now I chose an easy recipe that took less time and ingredients to prepare. You simply bake a chicken breast with fresh peach slices and then top with a balsamic reduction. The peaches help keep the chicken moist and the balsamic glaze seals the deal. Garnish with some fresh basil if you have it!
Needs more than one serving? Thankfully this is simple enough to multiply. Just add more breasts to a larger baking dish, add more sliced peaches, and multiple the balsamic! It’s a great dish no matter how many servings you need. Another great savory peach dish are these goat cheese stuffed burgers topped with basil, bacon, and peaches.
Make it even easier:
If you don’t want to take the 5 minutes to make your own, feel free to pick some balsamic glaze up at the grocery store. It should be located right next to the regular balsamic vinegar.
Post updated 7/13/21, photo above is the original.
Two years ago: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini S’mores Pies
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Pinch each salt & pepper
- Pinch crushed, dried basil
- 1 fresh peach, sliced (peeled if preferred)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a small baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with salt, pepper, and dried basil. Place in prepared baking pan and top with peach slices. Cover pan with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the balsamic glaze*. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes**. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer cooked chicken and peaches to a plate, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
* You can also use store-bought. **Be careful not to overcook or you will end up with burnt balsamic candy.
Source: Adapted from Fitness July/August 2013.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE