Start your day off right with cookies! Oatmeal cookie pancakes that is. Adjust to your favorite oatmeal cookie additions such as coconut, raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips.
What better than cookies for dessert? Cookies for breakfast! Okay, okay, these aren’t really breakfast cookies, but these oatmeal cookie pancakes are close enough to convince my belly that I had cookies for breakfast.
It didn’t occur to me how long it had been since I made pancakes until I saw this recipe. You would think after years and years of growing up with fresh pancakes made by my dad, that I would feel the absolute necessity to continue that trend on my own. Whoops, guess not.
Oh and in case I haven’t told you already my dad is pretty awesome in the cookie department as well, so a recipe combining the two was the perfect fix for my pancake drought.
Now the question changes – what’s better than cookies for breakfast??
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon chips or mini chocolate chips
- Heat a pancake griddle or large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla until blended.
- Pour the buttermilk and egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk together just until incorporated. Stir in coconut, raisins, nuts, and/or chips.
- Cook pancake batter on preheated griddle or pan for approximately 2 minutes per side*. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
*My rule is to flip when the bubbles stop popping and the edges start to look less shiny.
Source: Cheeky Kitchen
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Post updated 2/21/2023, photo above is the original.