Sweet and tangy pineapple chicken kabobs should be on your grill tonight. Serves with a side of fries or better yet avocado fries!
This coming Friday, May 13, Steph’s Bite by Bite is hosting an online bake sale to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and I am participating! This will be the second bake sale Steph has hosted (raising $1,707 last time), but is my first ever online bake sale and I’m really excited to help out a good cause.
This time around I am donating Stuffed Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies. Many other great bakers are contributing and I may be tempted to bid on items myself! Make sure to head on over to her site this Friday! **CLOSED**
Now for the skewers I told you about yesterday. These came from my first attempt to replicate the grilled chicken and pineapple kabobs from Huey’s. It’s one of my favorite things to order there, especially since it comes in snack size – forced portion control!
Although they were not an exact replica, I still really enjoyed the flavors. And you cannot go wrong with something that involves grilled pineapple. It might have been my favorite part of the meal!
Normally these are served with fries, but I decided to go for Avocado Fries.
Looking for other regional or National copycat recipes? I have a whole roundup full of them from around the country. Check out my Copycat Restaurant Recipes post.
Post updated 8/18/20, photo above is the original.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, cut into chunks
- Wood skewers, soaked in water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with cooled pineapple marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Thread chicken lengthwise onto wooden skewers, alternating with pieces of pineapple.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers 5 minutes per side, or until juices run clear and pineapple is caramelized.
Source: Adapted from All recipes