Anyone else go out primarily for the endless Olive Garden salad and bread sticks? You can also easily make that salad at home.
Although I do not frequent the Olive Garden often at all, I do enjoy their salad. Of course that meant when I craved it the other day I had to figure out how to make it on my own. Thanks to Copykat Recipes I was able to recreate the salad and dressing without troubleshooting (yes I was lazy). And it really does taste like their salad! I may have to use the dressing on other things too now that I’ve got my hands on it.
I served this along with dinner Saturday night with a group of friends. Huge hit! One person was even tricked into liking mayonnaise, which is part of the dressing. I feel like a mom trying to think of ways to get her kids to eat vegetables, but in this case it’s a not-so-healthy item O:-). Would also be great paired with my copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
Post updated 1/14/20, the picture above is the original.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Romano, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1-12 oz bag American blend salad
- 4-5 red onion slices
- 4-5 black olives, sliced (I don't like olives so I opted out)
- 2-4 pepperoncini or banana peppers
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Small tomato, chopped
- Fresh shredded Parmesan, for topping
- For the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined. Add sugar to taste (I used 1/2 Tbsp). Place in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place all salad ingredients in a salad bowl and toss. Top with Parmesan and serve with dressing.
Source: Copykat Recipes for both the Salad and the Dressing
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!
Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE