What’s better than stromboli? How about a stromboli stuffed with creamy Buffalo chicken?! Perfect for watching all the sports.
This post has been compensated by Marsh Ideas and its advertiser, Curly’s BBQ. All opinions are mine alone.
I know I’ve been posting a lot of sweets lately so I hope you enjoy this savory break! Never fear, #PBChocSat will be back tomorrow as per the usual schedule, but I think it’s time I threw in some game day food to snack on. This weekend we shall feast on stromboli! But not just any stromboli…
I’ve somehow only made 2 kinds of stromboli on my blog thus far, one fairly traditional and the other a breakfast option. Today I am adding to the lineup with a version perfect for watching your favorite sports team, or for a party appetizer, or heck just slice it in half and call it dinner for two. I present, the Buffalo chicken stromboli!
You know the ever popular party appetizer Buffalo chicken dip? Yea I pretty much put that rolled up inside of pizza dough and baked it. Just add a litle extra cheese and viola! While I made my own pizza dough, you could definitely use store bought as you will need to grab some Curly’s Sauceless Pulled Chicken in the refrigerated meat case at your grocery store to make this (aka making life and this recipe even easier).
After picking up some Curly’s be sure to enter their $10,000 RoadTrip Giveaway at Sweeps.RoadTripEats.com – but don’t wait too long because it ends November 5! The Grand Prize is one $10,000 check, and the prizewinner has the option to use the funds to travel to his/her destination of choice. Where will you go?
Three years ago: Sweet Potato Chips with Thyme
Four years ago: Pizza for One
five years ago: Buckeye Rice Krispies Treats
Six years ago: Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
BUFFALO CHICKEN STROMBOLI
1/2 lb pizza dough (I halved this recipe)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce
1/4 cup Ranch or Blue cheese dressing, plus more for dipping
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
6 oz. (half of a 12 oz. container) Curly’s Sauceless Pulled Chicken
1 egg, beaten
Dried parsley & Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough out on baking sheet to be approximately 10×16.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the cream cheese, hot sauce, and dressing. Spread sauce over 2/3′s of the dough lengthwise, leaving a 3×16 rectangle of plain dough along one of the edges. Top sauce with half the cheeses and all of the chicken. Top with remaining cheese.
- Brush the plain strip of dough with the egg. Fold in the other sides about an inch and brush them with egg. Roll up like a jelly roll* lengthwise starting along the long edge of dough topped with all the fillings and ending with the plain strip of dough on the bottom of the roll.
- Brush the entire stromboli with egg and gently cut slats in the top of the dough every 1-2 inches. Sprinkle parsley and cheese over top and bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and slice into pieces. Serve with more dressing.
*This is where using parchment paper is really handy because you can pick it up to help roll the dough.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Stromboli.