BAKE SALE IS OVER – However if you still wish to make a donation, here’s how:
- Mail a check to: Farmers and Merchants Bank, Attn Run for Dave, PO Box 548, McKenzie TN 38201. Make check payable to: Run for Dave
A friend of mine’s twin brother, Dave, was in a motorcycle accident on August 20th. He sustained multiple injuries including a fractured left ankle and a right below the knee amputation. Currently, he is in rehabilitation and once his legs heal, David will need a prosthetic leg to walk again.
Since the gift of walking does not come without a price, his family has organized a “5K Run for Dave” on October 15th, with all proceeds going towards aiding in the purchase of a prosthesis and paying medical bills. Unfortunately I will be unable to participate in the race but figured I should put this blog thing here to good use (other than making people drool over virtual images of food). Why not let my fine readers have a bidding war over what their eyes have been feasting upon? All of the bid funds will be directly sent to the same fund set up for the “5k Run for Dave”.
I am asking if you would join me in this noble cause of spreading the joy of walking and enjoying delicious baked goods. The bake sale will be begin on Sunday, October 2nd starting at 8:00 am CST and will last two full days, ending Tuesday, October 4th at 8:00 am CST. There is a minimum bid of $15 on each item to start, and all proceeding bids must be at least $1 higher. All bids must be emailed to SpiffyCookie@gmail.com with the item you are bidding on in the subject line. Do not leave a bid as a comment because it will not be counted! I will update the bids in a list at the bottom of this post throughout the day.
Upon the closure of bidding time, I will notify the winning bidders in order to confirm instructions for payment, and also to retrieve their mailing address for their winnings. Winners will also be announced in a new post on Tuesday, October 4th. Winning goods will be sent within a week of the bake sale’s end (by Tuesday, October 11th), so long as shipping address is received promptly.
So to break it all down:
- There is a minimum bid of $15 on each item to start, and at least $1 higher is necessary to overbid.
- All bids must be emailed to SpiffyCookie@gmail.com with the item you are bidding on in the subject.
- Open to U.S. Residents only, unless noted otherwise by a specific item.
- Winning bidders will be contacted by me via e-mail, requesting their mailing address and providing instructions for payment.
- Winning bidders can expect to have their product shipped within seven (7) days of the bake sale’s end.
Below are the goodies up for grabs donated by many fantastic food bloggers (a summary of all the bids is listed at the bottom). Please note that the name of each item is above it’s corresponding picture.
I would like to take a moment and thank each and every one of the fabulous bloggers for making this bake sale possible. That being said, let the bidding begin!!
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Liz @ Southern Charm
- Current Bid = $25 (Roddy G.) PLACE BID
- M&M Cookies with or without chopped pecans (3 dozen) – Jen @ Beantown Baker
- Current Bid = $22 (Rebecca) PLACE BID
- Sugar Cookie Bars – Melissa @ Melissa Likes To Eat (will ship US or internationally)
- Current Bid – $35 (Aron E.) PLACE BID
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – Steph @ Steph’s Bite By Bite
- Current Bid = $40 (Lisa W.) PLACE BID
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, a bag of Biscoff cookies, & a jar of Biscoff spread – Tina @ My Life as a Mrs (US shipping includes Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico)
- Current Bid = $50 (Marge T.) PLACE BID
- Peanut Butter Granola – Cassie @ Bake Your Day (will ship US or internationally)
- Current Bid = $20 (Judy M.) PLACE BID
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups – Erin @ Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Current Bid = $50 (Britt) PLACE BID
- Pudding Cookies winner picks add ins – click link for ideas (2 dozen) – Tanya @ Sunday Baker
- Current Bid = $32 (Becky) PLACE BID
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars – Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels
- Current Bid = $15 (Kristin F.) PLACE BID
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies aka Comfort Cookies (1 dozen) – Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray! (please provide address within 24 hours, or will go to the next highest bidder)
- Current Bid = $45 (Kelly H.) PLACE BID
- Biscoff Fudge & a jar of Biscoff spread – Tracy @ Sugarcrafter (prepared in a peanut/nut-free kitchen)
- Current bid = $30 (Jessica P.) PLACE BID
- Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies – Erica @ Little Shortcake
- Current Bid = $20 (Hunter K.) PLACE BID
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchen
- Current Bid =$15 (Cassie) PLACE BID
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze – Cliff, Kara & Kelly @ Live, Love Pasta
- Current Bid = $20 (Tara R.) PLACE BID
- Better Than Crack Brownies – Jessica @ How Sweet It Is (earliest shipment date October 12th)
- Current Bid = $65 (Samantha H.) PLACE BID
- Chewy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Liz @ Little Bitty Bakes
- Current Bid = $15 (Kelly V.) PLACE BID
- Chubby Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Valentina @ The Baking Fairy
- Current Bid = $20 (Tracy C.) PLACE BID
- Buttercrunch Toffee – Jeannette @ The Whimsical Cupcake (can be made without nuts)
- Current BID = $18 (Deenie Y.) PLACE BID
REMEMBER: BAKE SALE ENDS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4TH AT 8:00 AM CST
BIDDING IS NOW CLOSED
Current Bids (Updated Tuesday, October 4th 8:00am CST)
My Fluffernutter Blondies – $18 Andrea D.
Liz’s Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – $25 Roddy G.
Shannons’s Coconut Macaroons – $15 Paul and Kris D.
Jen’s M&M Cookies – $22 Rebecca
Alex’s Nutter Butter Bars – $20
Melissa’s Sugar Cookie Bars – $35 Aron E.
Stephanie’s Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – $40 Lisa W.
Erin’s Nutella Cookies – $25 Marge T.
Tracey’s Rocky Ledge Bars – $20 Amanda T.
Tina’s Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies/Biscoff Cookies & Spread – $50 Marge T.
Cassie’s Peanut Butter Granola – $20 Judy M.
Jessica’s Snickerdoodle Blondies – $40 Britt
Erin’s Homemade Peanut Butter Cups – $50 Britt
Kita’s Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies – $20
Jennifer’s Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Bread – $22 Becky
Tanya’s Pudding Cookies – $32 Becky
Tessa’s Blondie Brownies – $25 Jennifer D.
Erica’s Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies – $50 Britt
Kelly’s Homemade Pumpkin Butter – $35 Tara R.
Lindsey’s No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars – $15 Kristin F.
Noel’s Pumpkin Biscotti – $21 Kristen D.
Tara’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – $45 Kelly H.
Tracy’s Biscoff Fudge & Biscoff Spread – $30 Jessica P.
Erica’s Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies – $20 Hunter K.
Vicki’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – $15 Cassie
Cliff, Kara & Kelly’s Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze – $20 Tara R.
Jessica’s Better Than Crack Brownies – $65 Samantha H.
Liz’s Chewy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – $15 Kelly V.
Melinda’s Old Fashioned Fig Newtons – $17 Ron V.
Valentina’s Chubby Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – $20 Tracy C.
Jeannette’s Buttercrunch Toffee – $18 Deenie Y.