Every time I make waffles I freeze the leftovers because they are still great reheated in the toaster oven. And it makes for a quick Breakfast. “L’Eggo my Eggo”? Nah, gimme these Nutella waffles! Complete with fresh raspberry syrup to start the day off right.
Do you have any favorite freezer friendly recipes? Please share!
1-3/4 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
6 Tbsp Nutella
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
- Preheat waffle iron. If you want to make all of the waffles before serving, preheat oven to 275 degrees, set a wire rack inside of a rimmed baking sheet and pop in the oven.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In your blender combine the melted butter and Nutella, and blend until smooth. Add the buttermilk and eggs and blend to combine. Pour the wet ingredients from the blender over the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Fill the wells of the waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You want the waffles golden brown when they’re finished. Serve with raspberries and raspberry maple syrup, if desired. (Transfer the waffles to the wire rack in the oven to keep warm if not serving immediately.)
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 cup real maple syrup
- Combine raspberries and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl for cooking in the microwave or in a small saucepan to cook on the stove. Heat through until raspberries are mushy.
- Serve warm raspberry maple syrup over waffles with a few fresh raspberries.