If you thought hot chocolate couldn’t get any better, then you clearly have never had it in mini cheesecake form.
When I made these just a couple weeks ago, snow was getting dumped on us. But yesterday was in the mid 70s and sunny! Granted yesterday was an anomaly as the rest of this week is filled with rain and lower temperatures but it does seem like we are slowly coming out of winter at last. So let’s squeeze in these mini hot cocoa cheesecakes while we still crave hot chocolate shall we?
Granted unless you are eating these straight out of the oven (which I do not recommend), they arn’t exactly hot. But they do have hot cocoa mixed into the batter and a hot cocoa creme filled Oreo as the crust! Yes, I’m back at it, taking the latest Oreo flavor and turning it into a mini cheesecake. I just can’t help myself they fit so perfectly into my mini cheesecake pan as if it were meant to be!
Of course you don’t have to be able to locate the hot cocoa Oreos in order to make these, you can just use regular Oreos. But the hot cocoa in the batter and the pile of whipped cream on top are key! Of course some mini marshmallow bits and chocolate sprinkles couldn’t hurt either.
Four years ago: Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats
Five years ago: Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Six years ago: Gluten-Free Bananas Foster Muffins
Seven years ago: Cashew Chicken
MINI HOT COCOA OREO CHEESECAKES
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
12 whole hot cocoa creme Oreos
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar (or 1/4 granulated + 1/4 dark brown)
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/4 oz. (about 1/4 cup) hot cocoa mix
3 whole hot cocoa creme Oreos, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place one Oreo into 12 mini cheesecake cups* that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a stand or electric mixer beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Fold in the chopped Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture evenly into the 12 cups, filling about 3/4 way full (may have extra filling). Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until melted.
- Once cooled, remove cheesecakes from pan and top each with a dollop of whipped cream, Oreo quarters, mini marshmallows, and a sprinkle of mini chocolate sprikles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Can also use regular muffin pan with cupcake liners. Yield and cook time may differ.
Source: Adapted from my Mini Reese’s-Oreo Cheesecakes.