Gather round the TV and get ready to cheer on your favorite sports team with the help of these all-stars! These are my top 10 favorite football appetizers.
It’s almost time!! Fall seems to bring a variety of emotions for people when it comes to the temperatures. Many embrace the crisp weather while many others still cling onto the summer sun. But fall also brings another quality that seems to create a divide in the masses: those that relish football and those that cannot wait to to stop hearing people talk about football.
While I could care less about professional football, my heart yearns for the start of college football. With the first college gameday this weekend my kindred spirits and I are already planning for the kickoff, most importantly what am I going to eat? After posting a list of my top 10 favorite Buckeye-inspired peanut butter and chocolate treats I decided to switch over the the savory side with a list of my favorite appetizers.
These 10 appetizers are perfect for shoveling into your face while cheering on your favorite football team or stuffing your face in order to endure the person sitting next to you exclaiming at the TV. Whichever side you land on, this is a win-win situation.
1. Cherry Chipotle BBQ Pork Nachos – These nachos are a homemade version of my favorite BBQ mix up from my time living in Memphis. Great to share but just as likely to be devoured solo.
3. Greek Hummus Dip with Homemade Pita Chips – Mexican layer dips are good but have your tried a Greek version yet? This one comes with homemade pita chips.
4. Caramelized Onion Dip – Sure you could buy a tub of this from the store, but I guarantee it’s worth the extra effort. Made lighter with Greek yogurt too!
5. Homemade Soft Pretzels with Cheddar-Cream Cheese Spread – Nothing says sports like carbs and cheese. These will disappear fast so make a big batch!
6. Easy Corn Salsa – This last minute, takes-no-time-at-all dip is as easy as it is addicting.
7. Deviled Potatoes – Everyone loves deviled eggs, but have you ever deviled a potato? You may never go back.
8. Loaded Baked Potato Dip – Loaded baked potato in dip form, to be dipped with potato chips. It’s a potato inception.
9. Homemade Stromboli – Roll up your favorite pizza toppings into a stromboli to serve to the masses!
10. Easy Cheez-It Snack Mix – Cheesy, sweet, and spicy all in one handful. You won’t be picking out any of this snack mix.
One year ago: Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Kale, and Gorgonzola Sauce
Three years ago: Root Beer Cake Brownies
Four years ago: Biscoff Cheesecake Ice Cream