Cheesy taco seasoned hard pretzels are made with sourdough hard pretzel pieces and cheesy taco seasoning and result in a highly addicting snack – and it’s easy to make.
It’s hard to believe that Sunday is the end of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. This month-long event seems to have passed by in a much shorter time frame. There were so many exciting, close games (except for Germany-Brazil) and hopefully the final game will be just as fun to watch.
Since I am pulling for Germany to win, in preparation for this event I decided to post a pretzel recipe. This is a different variation of seasoned hard pretzels using cheesy taco seasoning instead of Ranch. I got the idea when a coworker said that she doesn’t like Ranch seasoning (we were presented with Ranch-seasoned pretzels from a patron) and I pondered what other seasonings would work on a hard pretzel.
Taco seasoning just popped right into my brain. I went with cheesy taco seasoning, assuming that straight taco seasoning might be a bit overpowering. Whether that would have been true or not I do not know, but what I do know is these were addicting.
Looking for more pretzel recipes?
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Pretzel Buns by Jen Around the World
- Hot Buttered Soft Pretzels by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Loaded Up Pretzel Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spring Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods by Art of Natural Living
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pretzel Pecan Streusel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
One year ago: Raw Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
Two years ago: Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip
Three years ago: Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seed Cookies
- 1 lb. bag of hard pretzels, broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup butter flavored popcorn oil
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz.) cheesy taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat). Set aside.
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. Pour oil over pretzels and toss to coat. Add seasoning and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the pretzels on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring the pretzels two or three times during baking. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Source: Adapted slightly from Spicy Ranch Seasoned Hard Pretzels.