If you love oatmeal you have to try this meyer lemon blueberry baked oatmeal. All the freshness of summer ready for breakfast.
Okay, after a week full of sweets being thrown at you, it’s time to enjoy a nice fresh and healthy breakfast (and maybe you can make this for your overnight Valentine ::wink wink::). It was especially necessary for me to get a good bite this morning because it’s going to be another long day in the lab. Fridays are supposed to be nice and easy days but no, I am determined to get stuff done. Having had this for breakfast hopefully the day won’t seem so bad, although I wish I still had some Meyer lemon curd to put on top.
Anywho that’s all I’ve got today. If you need me, I’ll be at my bench developing carpal tunnel from excessive pipetting .
One year ago: Caramelized Chicken with Jalapeno Cream
Two years ago: Chocolate Covered Cherries
MEYER LEMON BLUEBERRY BAKED OATMEAL
1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
2 cups nonfat milk
2-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Zest lemon; set zest aside. In a bowl, combine milk and juice from the zested lemon to make “buttermilk”.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, spices, and lemon zest. In a small bowl, whisk together the “buttermilk”, butter, egg, and sugar.
- Spoon half of the oat mixture into the baking dish, and then half of the blueberries. Add the remaining oat mixture and scatter the remaining blueberries on to the top, pressing them in slightly. Pour in the milk mixture and place in oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the mixture is a light golden brown along the edges, and the center has set up.
Source: Prevention RD
Oh if only my valentines liked oatmeal. Or blueberries. Or breakfast. I guess I’ll just make this for myself. I love oatmeal for my weekday meals.
Glad you enjoyed this :) I’m a lover of anything with lemon and blueberry together!
This looks delicious! I`m love in the with flavor combo!
Was the Baked blueberry oatmeal really good. I am going to buy some blueberries to try it out.
It’s not as moist as stovetop oatmeal but I enjoyed it
Yummy! I love lemon and blueberry together! Love your baked oatmeal!
we almost always stick to apples and cinnamon and pecans in our baked oatmeal but i think it’s time for me to branch out!
OH MY GOSH….this looks incredible. I totally need to make this over the weekend. Thanks for inspiring.