Homemade chicken salad, but dress it up for fall. This cranberry chicken salad is perfect on it’s own or served on your favorite sandwich bun.
I don’t made chicken salad often, but when I do I am reminded that I need to change that. After all, this only marks my 5th chicken salad recipe. I know that might seem like a lot but that’s over the course of 12 years.
Adding to my repertoire, today for #CranberryWeek I made a cranberry chicken salad. Served on a sweet sandwich roll with fresh greens for a fresh fall lunch.
I like to make life easier by using a rotisserie chicken, but this is also a great recipe for using up any leftover chicken you have from another meal.Welcome to #CranberryWeek where we celebrate all things cranberry! We have 11 bloggers sharing over 25 recipes this week. There are sweets, savories, and even a few beverages this week. Make sure to follow #CranberryWeek on social media to see all the delicious recipes we’re sharing this week.
Wednesday’s Cranberry Recipes
- Baked Cranberry Sauce with Orange Liqueur from Shockingly Delicious
- Cranberry Cream Torte from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Snack Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Topped Crab Puffs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Three years ago: Buckeye Baked Oatmeal
Six years ago: Holiday Cut-Out Brownies
Seven years ago: Root Beer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Eight years ago: Pita Breakfast Pizza for One
Nine years ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Roulade
Ten years ago: Tortellini with Guiltless Pumpkin Alfredo
Eleven years ago: Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used a Rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 preferred sandwich buns, sliced
- Preferred greens
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients (except buns and greens). Mix gently until combined. Refrigerate at least as hour.
- Serve on a sliced bun with fresh greens if desired.
Source: Adapted from my Pesto Chicken Salad.
[…] Cranberry Chicken Salad (11/16/22) – I am honestly shocked that this made the list. Not because I didn’t enjoy […]
I love me a good chicken salad! This one is packed with so much flavor and texture. I need to cook up some chicken to make this.