Get some extra warmth out of your hot cocoa by throwing a shot of peanut butter whiskey into the mix to make a Boozy Buckeye Hot Chocolate.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
After a sudden week off last weekend due to high COVID cases amongst the football team/staff, apparently the Ohio State Buckeyes are back at it today at noon playing at Michigan State. It feels so weird to have regular season games past Thanksgiving weekend. Heck I had barely adjusted to having a game on Thanksgiving weekend and it’s been 9 years.
But I digress. Other than cookies I have not been overly motivated to cook lately so for todays #PBchocSat I went with an easy peasy boozy buckeye hot chocolate made to look fancy thanks to these double walled glasses. Extra points because it’s freaking cold out and I don’t want to leave my blanket cocoon.
I made this with my homemade hot cocoa mix, powdered peanut butter, and Skrewball peanut butter whiskey, but you could also make it with my homemade peanut butter hot cocoa mix! Or skip the extra peanut butter if for some reason you think the peanut butter flavor in the whiskey is enough. I personally don’t think there is ever enough peanut butter.
Don’t forget the whipped cream and buckeye for garnish!
Drinks to Warm You Up
- Black Forest Coffee from That Recipe
- Black Sesame Latte from Magical Ingredients
- Caramel Hot Chocolate from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Russian Tea (aka Friendship Tea) from Art of Natural Living
- Shaken Brown Sugar Latte from Jen Around the World
- Warm Golden Ginger Drink from Palatable Pastime
Four years ago: Buffalo Chicken & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Six years ago: Spinach Dip
Seven years ago: Bananas Foster Pancakes
Eight years ago: Christmas Red Velvet Mug Cake
Nine years ago: Spinach Artichoke Dip
- In a medium coffee mug, heat milk in microwave for 1 minute or until it just starts to bubble.
- Add hot chocolate mix, powdered peanut butter, and whiskey. Stir until combined.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a buckeye candy, and sprinkles if desired. Serve immedaitely.
* Or 1 tsp regular creamy peanut butter
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original.