Why have regular waffles when you can have nutella waffles? And better yet nutella waffles topped with fresh homemade raspberry syrup!?
Every time I make waffles I freeze the leftovers because they are still great reheated in the toaster oven. And it makes for a quick Breakfast. “L’Eggo my Eggo”? Nah, not when there are better options out there.
Like these Nutella waffles! Complete with fresh raspberry syrup to start the day off right. Made ever better by using raspberries grown fresh in my garden.
Do you have any favorite freezer friendly recipes? Please share!
National Waffle Day
Dust off that waffle maker, Audrey from That Recipe is hosting a Waffle-Fest for National Waffle Day. We’ve got sweet waffles savory waffles, breakfast waffles, waffle sandwiches and dessert waffles. So many delicious ways to enjoy!
Apple Cider Waffles from Jen Around the World
Bacon Cheddar Waffles from SueBee Homemaker
BLT Waffle Sliders from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Blueberry Waffles from Life, Love and Good Food
Brownie Mix Waffles from Cheese Curd in Paradise
Carrot Cake Waffles from Fresh April Flours
Chicken & Waffle Club Sandwich from Palatable Pastime
Chocolate Cherry Waffle Cake from The Freshman Cook
Chocolate Chip Waffles from Salt and Baker
Chocolate Waffles from Devour Dinner
Cinnamon Roll Waffles from House of Nash Eats
Classic Buttermilk Waffles from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Cornbread Waffles from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Fresh Peach Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup from Our Good Life
Gandana Waffles from Magical Ingredients
Sourdough Waffles from That Recipe
Post updated 8/24/21, photo above is the original.
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and Nutella until smooth. Add the buttermilk and eggs and blend to combine. Pour the wet ingredients from the blender over the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Fill the wells of the waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. You want the waffles golden brown when they're finished*.
- Meanwhile while the waffles cook, combine raspberries and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until raspberries are mushy, stirring frequently.
- Serve waffles with warm raspberry maple syrup and a few fresh raspberries.
* Transfer the waffles to the wire rack in the oven to keep warm if not serving immediately.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE