This post has been compensated by Marsh Ideas and its advertiser, Prime Fresh Delicatessen. All opinions are mine alone.
Start your tailgate with a winning chipotle turkey club stromboli filled with chipotle ranch, turkey, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Serve with more chipotle ranch for dipping!
Saturdays in Columbus during late summer and fall means all the college football, whether we are attending a home game in person or watching from our very comfortable couch. In either scenario, the primary concern is what are we going to eat? Which usually mean a whole lot of deliciousness.
Recently we hosted a home watching party where everyone brought a different side dish to pair with the variety of wings my husband cooked – potluck football style. Of course I wasn’t going to sit back and not cook something myself, so I used some of the Prime Fresh turkey breast deli meat (which can be found in in the refrigerated meat case at your grocery store) to make the best damn stromboli I’ve made in part due to the fresh flavor of the deli meat.
If you can roll up a cinnamon roll, you can make a stromboli. It’s basically like a savory cinnamon if you think about it, but instead of slicing before you bake it, you slice it afterwards. For this one, all you do is roll out some pizza dough, spread on the chioptle ranch, top with cheese, fresh turkey, bacon, more cheese, and then roll it up! Make it pretty with an egg wash and some extra cheese on top and it’s ready to pop into the oven. If you’re thinking that this wouldn’t last long in front of your friends in family, you are correct. I probably should have made two!
But about this deli meat that I used. You’ve probably heard of it by now or seen it in the refrigerated meat section at your grocery store because it is the “#1 Fastest Growing Lunchmeat in the United States”. This is probably because it is the closest product to fresh cut deli meat you can find pre-packaged. To celebrate their super fresh growth, they are hosting The Prime Fresh Tailgate Sweepstakes! Enter for a chance to win the grand prize of $5,000 at PrimeFreshDeli.com/sweeps. The sweepstakes lasts from September 23 through November 4. It’s a big prize this tailgating season that you don’t want to miss!
Two years ago: Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Cookie & Oreo Brownies
Four years ago: Spinach and Feta Chicken Rollatini
Five years ago: Lighter Chicken Parmesan
Six years ago: Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Seven years ago: Apple Butter Granola
CHIPOTLE TURKEY CLUB STROMBOLI
1 cup Ranch dressing
2 Tbsp chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
1/2 lb pizza dough (I halved this recipe)
1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 cup more for topping
9 slices Prime Fresh smoked turkey breast deli meat
6 slices Smithfield bacon, cooked but not too crispy
1 egg, beaten
Dried parsley (optional)
- In a small bowl, blend together the chipotle ranch ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough out on baking sheet to be approximately 10×16. Spread 1/2 cup of the chipotle ranch over 2/3′s of the dough lengthwise, leaving a 3×16 rectangle of plain dough along one of the edges. Top with half the grated cheese, turkey, bacon, and remaining cheese.
- Brush the plain strip of dough with the egg. Fold in the other sides about an inch and brush them with egg. Roll up like a jelly roll* lengthwise starting along the long edge of dough topped with all the fillings and ending with the plain strip of dough on the bottom of the roll.
- Brush the entire stromboli with egg and sprinkle parsley and extra cheese over top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and slice into pieces. Serve with more chipotle ranch.
*This is where using parchment paper is really handy because you can pick it up to help roll the dough.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Stromboli.