Jalapeno Popper Crostini are the perfect combination of spicy cheesy jalapeno poppers served on toasted slices of bread.
Disclosure: The Laughing Cow® provided me with product and a $10 gift card for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.
With the holiday season behind us and the New Year begun, many people have made resolutions to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Of course no one wants to sacrifice great taste in the process and that’s where The Laughing Cow® is making snacking choices easier and more delicious.
Reasons to Live to Laugh with The Laughing Cow:
- The Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges are indulgently rich, creamy and the perfect tasty snack to satisfy your cravings.
- With 35 calories per light cheese wedge and seven delicious varieties to choose from, The Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges are a delectable snack with endless pairing options – enjoy them whenever and however you want!
- Have a deliciously smooth start to your day with Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spread from The Laughing Cow. It is masterfully churned for a delectable creaminess and individually portioned at 45 calories per 1/3 less fat cream cheese spread wedge.
How will you live you laugh in the new year?
Sneaking healthier options into recipes is one of my favorite tricks. It may not result in health-food but at least it is less unhealthy, reducing the guilt that comes with snacking. These jalapeno popper crostini were made using Laughing Cow’s reduced fat cream cheese spread and Greek yogurt, making them a healthier alternative to traditional jalapeno poppers and a perfect snack to prepare for viewing sports games on TV or any social gathering. I brought these to a party over the holidays and they nearly disappeared before I got to try one for myself.
I am also sharing these little delights as part of a Spicy Recipes Roundup so make sure to check out the others listed below, before the recipe.
Kicking it Up with Spicy Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chile Masala Bhath from Magical Ingredients
- Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers from Art of Natural Living
- Skillet Taco Pasta from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sliders from Jen Around the World
- Spicy Sage Breakfast Sausage from That Recipe
Post updated 8/27/22, photo above is the original.
- 6 oz. The Laughing Cow cream cheese spread, room temperature
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 32 crostini (I used a garlic-Parmesan style)
- Jalapeno slices, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, cheddar, jalapenos, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter with a fork until the mixture is moistened. Spread about one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each crostini, and sprinkle Panko topping (can also dip the crostini, cream cheese-down, into the Panko mixture). Top with jalapeno slices, if using.
- Arrange crostini on a baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
Source: Inspired by Brown Eyed Baker.