This breakfast sushi gives new meaning to breakfast for dinner, with soy-seasoned eggs, crispy bacon, red bell pepper, green onion, cream cheese, and everything bagel seasoning.
Is it sushi for breakfast, or breakfast sushi for dinner? Personally, I ate this everything bagel breakfast sushi for breakfast, but it could really go both ways.
Sticky sushi rice and a seaweed nori sheet are rolled up around soy-seasoned scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, crunchy red bell pepper, fresh green onion, and creamy cream cheese, with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning on top.
It’s the final day of #FarmersMarketWeek, which means you should be well stocked with recipes with which to make your market list for the weekend. I know I will be visiting my own neighborhood Farmer’s Market tomorrow morning to pick up a few things to make recipes I’ve seen this week.
Not everything for the recipe I am sharing today can be found at the Farmer’s Market, but I’d hazard a guess that more than half could be. Maybe not the soy sauce, rice, and nori. If you are lucky there is a spice/seasoning vendor that may sell Everything Bagel seasoning as well.
Breakfast Sushi Ingredients:
- Soy sauce
- Nori (dried seaweed sheets)
- Sushi rice
- Red bell pepper
- Green onion
- Cream cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning
Welcome to Farmers Market Week! This is the week we celebrate all things found at the Farmers Market. There are over fifteen bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week. From drinks and desserts to entrees and sides, there’s something for everyone this week.
Friday Farmers Market Recipes
- Burrito Bowl with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Shrimp from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crustless Zucchini Cheese Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Oven Chicken with Vegetables from Family Around the Table
- Egg Salad with Pickles from Art of Natural Living
- Gnocchi with Corn, Mushrooms, and Bacon from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pepper Parmesan Beans from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spicy Hoisin Grilled Corn from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Hamburger Stew from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Fluffy Peach Waffles from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Lemon Poppyseed Summer Squash Bread from Jen Around the World
- Peach Lassi from Magical Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 2 cups prepared sushi rice (medium grain white rice)
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 green onions, green part only
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- Yum yum or preferred sauce, for serving
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and soy sauce together; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain all but 1 tsp of the grease.
- Return the same pan over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook until no longer runny, moving the eggs around frequently with a spatula and flipping is needed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a cutting board covered with wax paper (or a sushi mat), place 1 sheet of nori. Top with 1 cup of the rice, cover with another sheet of wax paper and using a rolling pin, flatten the rice to cover the nori. Peel back the top layer of wax paper and flip over (noir side up).
- Starting at the edge closest to you, add half of the egg, bacon, bell better, green onion, and cream cheese in rows. Roll up tightly, using the wax paper to help. Repeat with remaining ingredients, then cut into 1-inch slices, sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning, and serve topped with preferred dipping sauce.