This isn’t just an Oreo cheesecake, it’s a spiderweb cheesecake. The perfect festive dessert for any of your Halloween celebrations.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… SPOOKY SEASON! With the help of my friend Haley who was visiting, we pulled out all my decorations and did the place up right. Then almost every night last week we watched a different Halloween-ish movie including Beetlejuice, Labyrinth, Donnie Darko, and House on Haunted Hill.
Bob and I are also currently watching the newest season of What We Do In the Shadows, which if you are unaware is about vampires.
Also I regularly read Harry Potter to my nephews in California over the phone every Sunday evenings (we are on The Half Blood Prince).
And it’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek so prepare yourself for ALL THE HALLOWEEN THINGS.
For starters I made this easy Oreo Spiderweb Cheesecake. I even stole a plastic spider from one of my fake cobwebs strewn all over my house.
Technically this cheesecake could be made with any kind of cheesecake because the ganache decoration on top is what really makes it. But who can deny any Oreo cheesecake? Especially when I found dark chocolate creme filled Oreos.
I had a little bit of white chocolate ganache leftover so I added some spiderwebs to the leftover Oreos as well. And served the cheesecake on a spiderweb cake stand. Spiderweb everything!!
For more fun Halloween recipe check out what else was shared today for #HalloweenTreatsWeek below. And don’t miss the giveaway from our generous sponsors at the end of this post!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Disney Villain Charcuterie Board from Big Bear’s Wife
- Grave Yard Snack Mix from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jelly Filled Ghost Donuts from Jen Around the World
- Cake Top Forward Halloween Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Witch Finger Pretzels from Fresh April Flours
- Caramel Apples from Devour Dinner
- Easy Frankenstein Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Haunted Fault Line Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Blood & Guts Cinnamon Rolls from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats from Cookaholic Wife
- Candy Corn Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods from House of Nash Eats
- Friday the 13th Pancakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spider Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Haunted House Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Peanut Butter Ghost Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apple Spice Cake Donuts from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Patch Cookie Cups from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Butterfinger Bark from Pastry Chef Online
- Spiderweb Cheesecake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Oozing Red Velvet Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Black Velvet Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Monster Burgers from An Affair from the Heart
- Spider Web Soup (Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup) from I am a Honey Bee
- Candy Corn Fudge from Back To My Southern Roots
- Dark Chocolate Black Cat Cookies from Savory Moments
- Three Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies from Our Good Life
- Binx Marshmallow Fudge Brownies from For the Love of Food
Two years ago: Day of the Dead Margaritas (Blood Orange Hibiscus)
Four years ago: October 2017 Stitch Fix #25
Six years ago: Chocolate Chip Peanut Pie
Seven years ago: Homemade Peanut Butter Goo Goo Clusters
Eight years ago: Crispy Gnocchi
Ten years ago: Butternut Squash Soup
- 1-1/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (approximately 12 cookies)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 12 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 4.5 oz. (2/3 cup) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine Oreo cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press onto bottom of 9-10-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Fold in chopped Oreos. Spoon filling into the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is set. Turn off the oven and let cool completely in oven with the door ajar.
- For the ganache: Place dark chocolate and butter in a medium bowl and the white chocolate and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute or just until it starts to boil. Pour two tablespoons over the white chocolate and the remainder over the dark chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Spread the dark chocolate ganache over the top. Place the white chocolate ganache in a piping bag and pipe a spiral on top of the ganache. Using a toothpick, starting from the center drag through to the outside to crate a spiderweb effect. Refrigerate until set. About 45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut into 12-16 slices. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Source: Adapted from my Oatmeal Creme Pie Cheesecake.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.