I want to show you a magic trick. Watch as one pan turns into a delicious sheet pan bacon wrapped mustard chicken weeknight dinner with broccoli and potatoes!
Sheet pan dinners. We all love them, need them even, to help minimize the sometimes hectic thing we call life. And when it involves bacon and potatoes it does double duty as a comforting hug for your taste buds. What was even easier was that the ingredients for this meal were delivered right to my door by Green Bean Delivery.
Don’t worry this isn’t a sponsored post, but I did use a discount code and I may have gone a bit crazy with all the options available resulting in enough for like 4 meals. If you live in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky or Missouri you should check if you live in one of their delivery areas to get some local produce and groceries.
As you can see I got all kinds of things that you won’t be seeing in this recipe and while I may share the recipes I made with the rest of it later, today we are focusing on only 4 of them. Broccoli, red potatoes, Batch No. 2 blackened Cajun mustard, and Smoking Goose applewood smoked bacon.
Dude, that bacon may be one of the best I’ve ever had. If you order one thing get that for real. I could have ordered chicken too but I had just stocked up due to a sale at my local in-person grocery so that seemed unnecessary.
Before I talk about the recipe, let’s backtrack to that hectic life comment – our basement flooded again last night. A huge storm came through and brought a tornado with it that did some serious damage to my friends neighborhood in South Columbus. Thankfully her family is alright but the same can’t be said about everyone and I am hoping they will be alright by the time this posts but I’ve heard they will be without power for 36 hours.
All we got in our neighborhood was a torrential downpour but that was enough to cause the water table to be higher than our basement floor and yet again we watched helplessly as the water seeped through the floor faster than we could remove it. At least this time it wasn’t at 2am. We cannot figure out why this keeps happening when we’ve had big storms that flooded the river more than it is now without flooding our basement.
Sheet Pan Bacon Wrapped Mustard Chicken with Broccoli and Potatoes
So yea, getting dinner on the table on a night like that without much thought or effort is much needed and that’s the perfect time for this sheet pan dinner. All you need is to wrap chicken breasts in bacon, nestle between potatoes on a sheet, top with a quick-made mustard sauce, roast, and then add the broccoli for the last half of the roasting time. So simple and so stinking good. Love when you don’t need separate main and side dishes too.
Random side note: Just realized I have exactly 1 month left of being 32. I can’t handle how time passes by faster as I get older. And our wedding is just 4 months and 6 days away?! I swear it was 8 yesterday. #EndRandomStreamOfConciousness
Get More Super Simple Weeknight Recipes:
- Bruschetta Chicken by That Recipe
- Cheesy Pasta with Shredded Kohlrabi by Art of Natural Living
- Easy One Pot Mexican Beans and Rice by Magical Ingredients
- Easy Skillet Chicken Pot Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Ham and Cheddar Carbonara by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin by Family Around the Table
- Pepper Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Hot Beef Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Two years ago: Baked Pizza Hummus
Four years ago: Rainbow-Surprise Lemon Cake
Five years ago: Baked Eggs with Crispy Hash Brown Crust
Six years ago: Cheesy Cat Treats
Seven years ago: Funfetti Cake Batter Smoothie
- 2 lb. chicken breasts (preferably six 1/3 lb pieces)
- 6 slices of bacon (I used applewood smoked)
- 1 lb. red skinned potatoes, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard (I used blackened Cajun)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 lb. broccoli, cut into small florets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and wrap each with a slice of bacon, placing them on the prepared baking sheet, tucking the bacon underneath.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and honey. Evenly pour over each chicken breast.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 teaspoon of oil until evenly coated and season with salt and pepper. Distribute the potatoes around the chicken and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the broccoli in the same bowl as the potatoes with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from oven, stir the potatoes, and add the broccoli to the pan around the chicken.
- Roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes and broccoli are tender.
Source: Adapted from Simply Recipes.