Get ready for cookies and scream this Halloween with these dark chocolate cookie bars with white chocolate chips and creepy eyes.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh M&M’s you get me with your puns, cookies and scream (or screeem in this case)! While a chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips is nothing new, these dark chocolate cookie bars are made festive by the addition of these dark and white chocolate M&M candies.
And then I threw on some spooky eye sprinkles for good measure.
As for Halloween festivities, other than putting up decor in and around the house I can’t remember the last time I attended a Halloween party or even dressed up. We also live on a street that’s a bit hidden so we don’t get any trick-or-treaters either.
Halloween used to be my favorite holiday but other than baking these treats I seem to have lost my fervor for it. Is this a sign of getting old?
One year ago: Weekly Meal Plan #36
Two years ago: White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookie Bars
Three years ago: Chocolate Candy Corn & Creme Cookies
Four years ago: Halloween 7-Layer Bars
Five years ago: Pumpkin Oreo Truffles
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate extract (or more vanilla)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 oz. bag) M&M's Halloween Cookies & Screeem Dark and White Chocolate Candies (or more chips)
- Festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper with overhang.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and sugar together until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and M&MS. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Spread cookie dough evenly in the prepared pan. Top with festive sprinkles if desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Source: Adapted from my Funfetti Stuffed Chocolate M&M Cookie Cake.