Whether you are hosting brunch of just sitting on the patio, you need a mojito on hand. Try this version with fresh red grapes.
Welcome to the third annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. We are so excited to have you join us this year! Celebrate Brunch with us this week as we prepare for Mother’s Day. 30 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to casseroles, breakfast breads, sandwiches and salads – there is something for everyone! We also have a huge giveaway that you need to make sure you check out. Click HERE to find out more.
It’s Thursday so you know what that means… time to quench your thirst! This grape mojito is the perfect addition to your brunch menu or even for a regular day sitting outside enjoying the weather. The simple syrup portion of the recipe makes enough for several drinks but the actual drink assembly is written out per serving since they are typically made one at a time. Store the excess simple syrup in the fridge for another day or if you want to make several for your brunch party, multiply the second half of the ingredients accordingly.
I even put my OXO muddler to good use as seen in last year’s #BrunchWeek Raspberry Tequila Sunrise.
Join us for Brunch today with these recipes from the #BrunchWeek Bloggers!
- Grape Mojito from The Spiffy Cookie.
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized Onion, Kale, Bacon and Cheddar Strata from Love and Confections.
- Kale and Toasted Quinoa Egg White Scramble from Take A Bite Out Of Boca.
- Breakfast Enchiladas from Cooking in Stilettos
- Croque Madame Breakfast Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon.
- Rainbow Chard and Cheddar Cheese Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen.
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Perfect French Toast from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine.
- Oat Breakfast Cookies from Pink Cake Plate.
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes with Spiced Pear Syrup from The Redhead Baker.
- Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins from Making Miracles.
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
- Bacci Bread and Pear Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
- Pear Coffee Cake and Fruit & Cheese Salad from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Waldorf Quinoa Chicken Salad from Cupcake & Kale Chips.
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Chilled Strawberry Soup from The Suburban Soapbox
- Orange Blossom Olive Oil Cake with Mango Citrus Glaze from Taste Cook Sip.
- Walnut Meringue Banana Mess from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner.
One year ago: Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream
Two years ago: Brown Sugar Baked Fries
Three years ago: Pineapple Burgers
Makes 1 large or two small mojitos
MINT SIMPLE SYRUP
1 cup water
10 fresh mint leaves
6-8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
3 oz. Woot Froot red grapes
1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
2 fl oz. mint simple syrup, divided
2 fl oz. white rum
2 fl oz. club soda
- For the simple syrup, add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium just until it bubbles. Turn down to low for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes. (After using, store leftovers in air-tight container in the fridge.)
- In the bottom of a glass, place mint leaves, grapes, 3 lime wedges and 1 ounce simple syrup. Crush with a muddler (or something blunt). Add ice to the glass and stir in remaining ounce of simple syrup and rum. Top off with club soda. Serve with an additional sprig of mint and lime wedge.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, California Walnuts, Dixie Crystals, Grimmway Farms/Cal-Organic/True Juice, KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Pacari Chocolate, Stonyfield Organic, Vidalia Onions, and Woot Froot for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the