Cheetos are highly addicting but caramelize them and they are downright crazy. These caramelized Cheetos are a great party snack – they are a conversation starter!
After the confusing yet successful Cheetos marshmallow crispy treats, my friends actually requested that I make another wild Cheetos creation. I couldn’t turn them down so I whipped up these caramelized Cheetos for the next gathering.
I was a bit disturbed when they did not turn out shiny as in the recipe’s picture but apparently that did not hinder their appeal because they were a popular item without any confusion! Many people said that it reminded them of something, mostly that it tasted like Cracker Jack or something similar.
Whatever it is, it’s good. If you were too shy to try out the Cheetos crispy treats, I understand, but you really should give this a try.
One year ago: Chicken Taco Salad with Quesadilla Strips
Three years ago: Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 (9 oz.) bag crunchy Cheetos
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add baking soda. Stir until light in color and foamy.
- Pour Cheetos into a large bowl. Pour caramel mixture over the Cheetos and stir, coating each piece. Spread out into a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and break into pieces when it begins to cool.
Source: Halved from Plain Chicken.