Posts Tagged ‘toffee’
One year ago today, I posted about meeting my nephew Luke for the first time and just yesterday I saw a video of him walking (more like running)! I wish I could witness it in person but unfortunately am not sure when I will be able to visit next, especially with all the weddings I am in this summer/fall, trying to graduate and then they are moving to southern California in August! Which means my job searches just got expanded to include the west coast as well, haha. In the meantime I thrive through Facebook and Dropbox photos and videos.
…and baked goods. When it comes to sweet breads, I love making mini loafs. They are cute, fun and you just want to eat them right up! Just like Luke but I digress. These mini applesauce loaves also have toffee bits and almond slices mixed in for a little bit of crunch and extra sweetness.
Welcome to day #4 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Gingerbread Surprise”. Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
- Ginger Horse Cookies from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Gingerbread Donuts from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Gingerbread Biscotti from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Drizzle from Anuradha of Baker Street
- Gingerbread Donuts with Lemon Glaze from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mini Holiday Gingerbread Loaves from Isabelle of Crumb
- Gingerbread Biscoff Truffles from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Gingerbread Dip from Erin of The Spiffy Cookie
- Gingerbread Milkshake from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars from Heather of Girlichef
- Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
Last year I discovered my love for chocolate and gingerbreadtogether, and I had originally planned on another chocolate and gingerbread recipe for today but once I found a recipe for gingerbread cookie dough dip those plans flew right out the window. I changed it up a little bit by adding my favorite dip ingredient, Greek yogurt, and reduced the butter which together changed the consistency to be creamier than your average cookie dough dip, so I dubbed this just plain ol’ Gingerbread Dip. It’s amazing and a tiny bit better for you too. Just eat it with apples instead of crackers if you need to keep your conscience clear.
As I write this post, it just now occurred to me that I could’ve fulfilled my chocolate and gingerbread fantasy with this dip by using miniature chocolate chips instead of toffee bits. Darn, guess I have to make another batch O:-).
One year ago: Apple Butter Chewy Cinnamon M&M Cookies
This dip is amazing. I made it for yet another trip to Art Jam’N and served it with green apple slices and gingersnap cookies. It ended up being dinner, with a side of hummus and pita chips – totally rounded out meal, am I right?
Make it. And dare you to try and share.
In other news, for those of you who wished me good health for getting over my cold it’s working! Or rather I’m working? Yea I am back to the grind at the ol’ lab. So much to do before I leave for the holidays, ah!!! Oh and don’t forget to enter for some really awesome jewelry!
One year ago: Brownie Peanut Butter Cups
TOFFEE APPLE DIP
Makes 3 cups
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
8 oz. toffee bits
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together cream cheese, toffee bits, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Blend well, and serve with sliced green apples. You can keep this for up to 5 days in an airtight container.