Posts Tagged ‘peppermint’
Welcome to day #2 of Christmas Week, co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Peppermint Surprise”. Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Candy Cane Blossoms from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy Cane Cocoa in a Jar from Anuradha of Baker Street
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Candy Cane Mocha from Isabelle of Crumb
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- White Chocolate Peppermint Covered Pretzels from Erin of The Spiffy Cookie
I actually am not a big fan of minty food items. Mint belongs in gum, toothpaste, and mouth wash – that’s about it. No candy canes for me. Occasionally I will enjoy a small Andes mint chocolate after a meal, but it is a rare event. Therefore, today’s theme was a bit of a challenge for me. I decided to go with a simple favorite of mine, chocolate covered pretzels. Whenever I make something that involves melting chocolate, the remnants of chocolate are almost always used up by dipping pretzels into it as a nice treat for later. Chocolate covered pretzels are also really easy to decorate for the holidays by adding sprinkles, or in this case crunched peppermint.