Posts Tagged ‘peanuts’
This easy snack mix requires no oven and is ready in no time. Just toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and you are ready for game time!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
Avoid boredom and change up your salad routine with a sweet and spicy peanut dressing, crunchy peanuts and chow mein noodles.
With my new kitchen still not fully situated, baking has been thwarted. But that may be a good thing until I can get back into my regular gym routine. Yes I am still slacking on the decision as to which gym to join. I think it is partly due to knowing that gyms always get crazy busy in January and if I wait a little longer maybe it’ll die down. In the mean time, I’ve started jumping on the healthier eating train (to balance out those Taco Bell trips). To satisfy the sudden onset of a Thai craving I made this salad full of chicken, carrots, red bell pepper, peanuts, and chow mein noodles. Then top it off with a sweet yet spicy peanut dressing.
One year ago: My Dad’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Two years ago: Mini Meyer Lemon Sticky Rolls
Have some fun with your vanilla cupcakes and turn them into adorable cone head cupcakes with frosting that looks and taste like an ice cream sundae.
National Cupcake Day is exactly one week from today! In an effort to prepare you, 26 food bloggers including myself have banded together to share cupcake recipes today. I took the opportunity to whip up a cupcake creation that I have been meaning to make ever since I thought of it.
You know the adorable cone head ice cream sundae at Friendly’s? Well I recreated it in cupcake form! A vanilla cupcake is topped with a literal scoop if buttercream frosting made with ice cream and decorated with a chocolate dipped waffle cone, miniature Reese’s pieces, and whipped cream. Even if you’ve never heard of or had a cone head ice cream sundae, you won’t be able to resist these little guys.
One year ago: White Cheddar Mac & Cheese in a Mug
Three years ago: Toffee Apple Dip
How do you like your warm oatmeal on a cold morning? How about apples, cinnamon, raisins, and peanut butter? Dig into this bowl and maybe even drizzle some chocolate on top.
After the first successful variation of my dad’s apple harvest oatmeal turned into pumpkin pecan oatmeal I decided to try my hand at it again. Being Saturday I am sure you can guess specifically what flavor I went for… peanut butter of course! But the chocolate part of today’s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Saturday get’s benched for cinnamon and raisin. I used cinnamon raisin peanut butter for this oatmeal because I thought it would be the perfect peanut butter flavor for such a recipe. Turns out it says right on the jar that it is perfect for oatmeal, which I noticed mid-way through cooking it! Funny how things work out.
Alright I did let chocolate play a little bit with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top. Ohio State plays Minnesota at noon today so I had to throw on at least a little chocolate to officially call it another successful #PBChocSat!
One year ago: Fiesta Alfredo Pasta Bake
Two years ago: Applesauce-Sweet Potato Pancakes
Three years ago: Crème Brulee
You favorite Nashville candy can now be made at home. These peanut butter goo goo clusters taste like buckeye truffles with crunchy peanuts.
If you lived in or near Nashville, TN you have heard of Goo Goo Clusters. The traditional one is made with marshmallow, caramel, and peanuts which is covered in milk chocolate. As delicious as that sounds, being a smart company they also made a peanut butter version which of course wins my heart every time.
I’m not sure how they make their peanut butter Goo Goo Cluster but I used my buckeye candy recipe as the basis for this one. Peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs come together to make the peanut butter discs which then have peanuts pressed into them before being dunked in milk chocolate. Simple as that!
One year ago: Crispy Gnocchi
Learn the secrets for all your favorite bar snacks and what beers pair best with them with the new Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour Cookbook.
From the award-winning author of The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Cookbook, comes the new brew-worthy cookbook called The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour containing over 325 recipes for the best bar snacks and beer cocktails. With recipes such Spicy Friday Night Nuts and Flying Buffalo at the Tap Pizza, you will discover the tricks to making the usual favorites and some fun new finds. Every bar snack also comes with pairing suggestions to maximize the experience for your taste buds. And today I am happy to have this boozy cookbook take a pit stop on my blog complete with an “Ultimate Beer Lover’s Oktoberfest Celebration Giveaway” which includes:
- 1 signed copy of The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour by John Schlimm
- 2 Humane Society of the US T-shirts (1 male M, 1 female M)
- Lucky Brand Jeans Gift card for 1 free pair of jeans
- 6 Straub Brewery Pilsner Glasses
- Coleman soft cooler with hard liner (red)
- Weber Barbecue Apron, black
- 1 OXO Steel Bottle Opener
- Set of 2 wooden snack bowls
- Set of 4 wooden coasters
Enter to win using the Rafflecopter widget located at the end of this post.
Before you run off to enter to win that beer-ific prize pack check out these nuts! In addition to being a quick recipe to throw together, I already had all the ingredients on hand. Talk about some last call happy hour snacking. If you are feeling daring there are recipes for making your own margarine and worcestershire sauce (recipes included at the bottom) but I just stuck with the store-bought stuff. I also used the oven method for preparing this recipe, giving it a nuttier flavor, but it can also easily be made in your microwave.
Need more snacks? I’ve also included the recipe for some Hippie Cayenne Sourdough Pretzels. Grab a beer and enjoy!
One year ago: Baked Apple Cider Oatmeal
These healthy peanut butter granola bites are dipped in dark chocolate to resemble buckeyes. They are a snacky, healthier version of the popular buckeye candies.
Today is yet another Buckeye football Saturday and therefore PB+Choc Saturday. I am actually tailgating today, but oddly enough NOT for the Ohio State game. Some friends are in town this weekend for the UT-Florida game and I will be joining them for the adventure! I have never tailgated at a game where I did not have a sworn allegiance so I’m just along for the ride.
While I will wear some orange to join in the spirit of the day, I may layer some Ohio state gear in there as well since both games are at the same time. With highs barely reaching 60 today (wasn’t it 80 on yesterday?) no one can blame me for layering. Besides, I plan on bringing these granola bites along just in case they need persuasion. They resemble buckeye candies but are healthier (even more than my healthier buckeyes), made with oats, peanuts, dates (or raisins), and honey.
One year ago: Jalapeno Popper Fettucine Alfredo
Two years ago: Hazelnut Praline Paste
The combination of sweet and salty never gets old. Try these no-bake peanut butter swag bars. Sweet, chewy, and crunchy all in one.
For those of us still battling the summer heat, I have a no-bake peanut butter and chocolate recipe for you this fine Saturday. This recipe reminds me of a sweeter version of no-bake granola bars made with crushed bran cereal instead of oats. I substituted some of the corn syrup with honey but I bet it would’ve worked with all honey if you would like to avoid corn syrup altogether. The result is a sweet, chewy, and crunchy peanut butter treat.
Are you watching any college football today? I’ll be cheering on Michigan State against Oregon (normally I like Oregon but not when they play the Big 10), and of course Ohio State against Virginia Tech.
One year ago: Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
Two years ago: Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Get ready for the best day ever – it’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Join our hosts, Carla (Chocolate Moosey) and Miriam Overtime Cook), and a group of 31 bloggers who are sharing their favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins. Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes. Looking for recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board. We are also teaming up with OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you three fabulous prize packs. You don’t want to miss this opportunity! Giveaway details are at the end of this post.
When it comes to mini desserts, mini cheesecakes are my favorite. Combining these cute cite-sized treats with peanut butter and chocolate seemed like a fantastic way to celebrate Chocolate Peanut Butter Day. Peanut Butter & Co.’s Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter was used in these cheesecakes to ensure complete peanut butter and chocolate saturation, but were also stuffed with caramel-peanut butter candy bars and topped with more candy, peanuts, and caramel sauce. You might want to take a moment to admire their beauty, but only a moment because they deserve to be devoured.
Check out all the chocolate and peanut butter action going on today:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
One year ago: Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup