Posts Tagged ‘grapes’
For some reason chicken salad is never something I really want to take on a dance with my taste buds on a regular basis. Not that I don’t like the taste, it’s just not visually appealing. Guess it makes me think of tuna salad, and if you haven’t noticed from the minimal amount of seafood on my blog I don’t really enjoy it.
But when my friend Brandi made a version of chicken salad with chopped up apples, grapes and nuts, it was both visually and texturally satisfying. I love the little bits of crunch that the apples and nuts and reminds me of a Waldorf chicken salad.
CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES, APPLE, AND PECANS
2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt (I used 0% Chobani)
1 pkg powdered ranch dressing
1 tsp celery salt
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and shredded (approximately 4 cups)
1-1/2 cups purple grapes, quartered
1 apple, diced (I used Gala)
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, powdered ranch dressing, and celery salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, grapes, apples, pecans and sunflower seeds. Stir in the yogurt mixture until evenly distributed.
- Serve however you enjoy eating chicken salad. I prefer wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with fresh baby spinach leaves and a side of chips.
Source: Adapted from Brandi
I am sad to say that this is the last of the holiday blog hops. Actually, it may continue on further after this since we’ve all enjoyed participating. But for now, this final round is themed for wine, white chocolate or grapes. Since I rarely make anything with grapes that is what I picked.
This recipe says it all in it’s name. It’s creamy, has lots of grapes and is a dessert. Well, and there’s some walnuts on top. It makes me think of yogurt with fruit and granola but a bit sweeter. Might even be tempted to try it for breakfast too.
CREAMY GRAPE DESSERT
1 lb green seedless grapes, washed and dried well
1 lb red seedless grapes, washed and dried well
8 oz. fat free plain Greek yogurt
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup agave (or sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Cut grapes in half and set aside.
- Mix yogurt, cream cheese, agave (or sugar) and vanilla until blended well. Stir grapes into mixture, and pour into large serving dish.
- Combine brown sugar and walnuts. Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely. Chill until ready to serve.
Source: Gina’s Skinny Recipes