Posts Tagged ‘caramel’
Enjoy these bite-sized brownies filled withed chopped pecans and topped with sweet caramel and toasted pecan halves.
I don’t know about you, but moving stinks. Sure it’s exciting to move into a new place and get situated but the whole moving boxes and heavy furniture for extended periods of time thing I could do without. So while I slowly work on situating the new living situation, you guys can sit back and enjoy these turtle brownie bites. Whether you use a boxed mix or make the brownies homemade, all you have to add is caramel and pecans for turtley goodness.
One year ago: Spicy Ranch Seasoned Hard Pretzels
Three years ago: Cheddar Baked Potato Soup
Caramel cheesecake, speculoos cookie crust, apples, more caramel, pecans, and cinnamon whipped cream. If that’s not the works for an epic caramel cheesecake I don’t know what is.
Time for the obligatory “I woke up to snow this morning” proclamation. Funny how living in the South for the past 8 years has already altered my Northerner mind set into thinking it is way too early for below freezing temperatures, let alone snow. But it will probably melt by noon so all is well, at least down here. I know some of my friends still living in the North are about to get pounded with snow. Not that they don’t know how to handle it up there but it is a bit early to be getting that much snow. Stay warm, my friends!
You will notice that I did not take the photos of this cheesecake during this snowy event. This is the dessert I made for Friendsgiving, when it was still warm and sunny out (was that really only 1-1/2 weeks ago?). Instead of making pumpkin or apple pie, since I knew we were get our fill in a couple weeks on Thanksgiving, I made a caramel cheesecake with a speculoos cookie crust, topped with apples, more caramel sauce, pecans, and even cinnamon whipped cream. And yes every last bit of it was devoured. One of my friends even took it upon himself to top his slice with all of the excess whipped cream.
One year ago: Penne with Butternut Squash, Kale, and Goat Cheese
Three years ago: Baked Apple Cider Doughnut Minis
You can make Oreo truffles out of any of the different flavors of Oreo. Try this caramel apple version, dipped in chocolate to resemble an actual caramel apple.
Happy Halloween! It seems fitting that today is also caramel apple day and since Oreo was thoughtful enough to make a caramel apple creme golden Oreo I went ahead and made truffles out of them. I even dipped them in green and light brown chocolate candy coating to resemble a caramel dipped apple on a stick. Or a green buckeye depending on how you look at it.
Welcome to Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. I hope you have as much fun as we did. Break out those stretchy pants and celebrate Ice Cream Week with us.
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Enter to win using the Rafflecopter widget located at the end of this post!
The kick off of Ice Cream Week just so happens to land on National Ice Cream Pie Day and obviously I took the opportunity to make an ice cream pie. A salted caramel ice cream pie complete with a pretzel crust.
I know that dulce de leche technically is not caramel but it does have a caramelized flavor. I have recently become obsessed with no-churn ice cream and since it is made with sweetened condensed milk I decided that dulce de leche was the perfect choice for making a caramel-like no-churn ice cream. After all, you can make dulce de leche by cooking sweetened condensed milk while it’s still in the can. And this ice cream pie tasted pretty darn good to me!
A brownie and a Twix candy bar fell in love and and gave birth to these aptly names Twix Brownies with a shortbread crust, fudgy brownie, caramel topping and chocolate coating.
They may not be the prettiest brownies I have ever made but they make up for it in the taste department. It’s a Twix-brownie love child! Boxed brownie mix plays dress up with a homemade shortbread crust, caramel topping, and chocolate coating. Impress your friends and family this Memorial weekend with these – they will never know you used a boxed brownie mix.
I do highly recommend serving these at room temperature or slightly warm (or outside at your BBQ) as it is easier to bite through the chocolate topping when it’s not cold. As you can see from the pictures, cutting the brownies cold, even with a sharp knife, resulted in cracks.
One year ago: Peanut Butter Banana Bagels
Get ready for the best day ever – it’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Join our hosts, Carla (Chocolate Moosey) and Miriam Overtime Cook), and a group of 31 bloggers who are sharing their favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins. Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes. Looking for recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board. We are also teaming up with OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you three fabulous prize packs. You don’t want to miss this opportunity! Giveaway details are at the end of this post.
When it comes to mini desserts, mini cheesecakes are my favorite. Combining these cute cite-sized treats with peanut butter and chocolate seemed like a fantastic way to celebrate Chocolate Peanut Butter Day. Peanut Butter & Co.’s Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter was used in these cheesecakes to ensure complete peanut butter and chocolate saturation, but were also stuffed with caramel-peanut butter candy bars and topped with more candy, peanuts, and caramel sauce. You might want to take a moment to admire their beauty, but only a moment because they deserve to be devoured.
Check out all the chocolate and peanut butter action going on today:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
One year ago: Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Ten days from now I will pack up the apartment at which I have lived for the past 4.5 years. Currently I have a whopping 8 boxes packed, which means there’s a lot of work to be done between now and then. And what better way to start the festivities than baking a cake! That’s productive and a good use of time, right?
The only caramel cake I have ever had was from Kroger and was quite delicious. Since then I have been meaning to make a homemade version and was finally inspired when Beth told me that she had been dreaming about caramel cake – although that was right before we left for the winter break so I didn’t make it until now. While baking it I texted her saying I was going to make her day tomorrow, since I was going to be bringing it by the lab the next day. She said it tasted just like her Great Aunt Sally’s from when she was a kid! Winner.