Posts Tagged ‘buffalo sauce’
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MomsWingMan #CollectiveBias
If you like buffalo wings and enchiladas, prepare yourself. I’ve combined the two into one easy meal that is perfect for any night of the week.
I interrupt this post for an announcement…
MY NEPHEW WAS BORN THIS MORNING!! My brother and sister-in-law whisked away to the hospital last night. The little one must’ve known there were fun things waiting for him, because my care package arrived just the day before. They even brought the homemade granola bars with them to the hospital. Perfect timing Aunt Erin. He was born at 7:19 am coming in at 7 lbs and 1 oz, and 19 inches long.
Welcome to the world, Luke. I cannot wait to meet you!
Okay. You may now return to your regularly scheduled read….
The Secret Recipe Club is a great way to check out new food blogs and try some different recipes. I especially enjoy finding things I have never seen elsewhere such as this pizza, which is a combination of jalapeno poppers and buffalo chicken all in one! This pizza creation comes from the kitchen of Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama.
Instead of a traditional pizza sauce, you smear a mixture of cream cheese (<3!) and jalapenos onto the crust. I added a bit of milk since cream cheese is a bit tough to spread over fresh dough. And then you throw on both Mozzarella and blue cheese, followed by chicken which has been tossed in hot sauce. And of course it’s topped of by none other than bacon! This would be an excellent pizza to serve while watching your favorite sports team.
Check out some of Carrie’s other great recipes including apple rice pudding brulee and chicken pot pie with roasted garlic crusts, for two. Also don’t forget to see what all the other SRC members made, shown at the bottom of this post.
JALAPENO POPPER BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA
1 recipe whole wheat pizza dough
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
3 jalapenos seeded and diced
1 Tbsp milk (optional)
1-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
2 Tbsp Buffalo wing hot sauce
4 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees with pizza stone on middle rack; allow to preheat in the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and transfer to a pizza peel generously sprinkled with cornmeal.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese and jalapenos together. Add milk to create are more spreadable consistency. Spread onto pizza dough and top with cheeses.
- In another small bowl toss chicken with 1 tablespoon of hot sauce. With your other tablespoon of hot sauce drizzle over cheese. Top with chicken mixture and bacon crumbles.
- Transfer to the pizza stone without removing from the oven (it’ll take a couple light shakes). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is cooked and golden.
Source: Adapted slightly from Bakeaholic Mama.
Last night I decided to watch the Pro Bowl as an excuse to eat nachos. Unfortunately the game was less than exciting (now I know why no one watches that game), but at least my dinner did not disappoint!
I love trying different takes on the traditional nachos. When I first moved to Memphis, I was introduced to BBQ nachos which are amazing! My favoriteis when it is served with shredded cheese instead of the cheese sauce. Just depends on the restaurant, and I have therefore developed favorite establishments for my BBQ nacho cravings.
When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it as well. It was very flavorful and surprisingly filling – perfect because I may have eaten the entire pan otherwise. Of course I also dipped mine in some Ranch… O:-)
8 whole wheat tortillas
10 oz shredded chicken (I used canned)
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce, plus more
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 diced avocado for garnish
Olive oil for spritzing
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into eight wedges, place on baking sheet in a single layer, spritz with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat until all are crispy.
- In a small bowl mix together the chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Add a layer of chips to the bottom of a baking dish, then top with chicken, cheese, Gorgonzola, and chives. Continue layering until chips and ingredients are gone. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Drizzle additional wing sauce over top and garnish with more scallions and avocado.
Source: Adapted slightly from How Sweet It Is