Posts Tagged ‘browned butter’
Brown butter sauce, caramelized shallots, goat cheese, crispy sage, toasted walnuts, pumpkin pizza dough – do I really need to give you more reasons to make this pizza?
Weeknight meals don’t have to be boring. Try this apple cider glazed chicken served with browned butter rice and toasted pecans. Ready in the time it takes to cook rice.
Moist and flavorful brown butter pumpkin cupcakes topped with sweet cookie butter frosting. If you’re bringing them to a party you may want to double the batch!
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day. Seventeen food bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections’ #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:
- Pumpkin Loaf by Love and Confections
- Lemongrass-Kissed Sankaya (Thai Pumpkin Custard) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Biscoff Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
- Pumpkin Peach Smoothie by Happy Food Healthy Life
- Egg and Pumpkin Breakfast Cups by Curious Cuisiniere
- Witches Eye Glass Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree by Life Tastes Good
- Pumpkin Orange Soup by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Macaroni with Kale and Creamy Pumpkin Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chickpea Samosas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pumpkin Scones by Making Miracles
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Pajama Chef
- Pumpkin Molasses Cookies by That’s My Home
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
If you haven’t been browning your butter you really should start. One extra step is all it takes to increase the depth of the flavor or whatever you are cooking, whether it be sweet or savory. In the case of these cupcakes the result was so delicious that I should have made a double batch. I brought them to a party and people were practically fighting over them and the last one was split into fourths just to keep the peace. The cupcakes are a bit heavier than traditional cupcakes due to the addition of pumpkin puree but they are not lacking on moisture. And if you love Speculoos/Biscoff cookies, you will rave over the frosting made out of cookie butter!
P.S. For those of you wondering, my friend Maggie adored her birthday cake saying it was “the best cake ever“! Just like the cake the weekend was filled with greatness. We also ran a 5K in which both Maggie and I placed 2nd in our respective age groups. If Maggie hadn’t just turned 30 I would’ve only made 3rd place haha.
One year ago: Cinnamon-Raisin Bagel for One
Two years ago: Peanut Butter-Chocolate Molten Lava Cake