Posts Tagged ‘almond flour’
I don’t buy or bake bread products often so when I crave a breakfast sandwich, it gets bit tricky unless I have something stashed away in the freezer. But then I saw this recipe for a 90 second English muffin and breakfast cravings were satisfied! This English muffin is prepared in the microwave and is truly ready in just 90 seconds. From there, spread it with peanut butter or stuffed it with egg, cheese, and bacon like I did. Part of a complete breakfast.
In other news, I’ve been visiting my friend Becky this weekend who lives in the Nashville area. I haven’t seen her in a year! Last time I saw her she was about to be shipped over to Afghanistan, but now she’s back! I’m not sure who needed this visitation more, me or her? But either way, to finish off our weekend we are running the Color Run today. I ran one last year in Memphis and it was fun, so I’m looking forward to doing it again.
One year ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter 7-Layer Bars
What prompted me to attempt baking these was the fact that I had problems with them super-sticking to the pan when cooking the traditional way for pancakes. I have been known to bake pancakes in the past and they have always been a success so I was very pleased when this recipe also cooperated. They turned out to have slightly crispy edges with moist, but not under-done, centers. And the flavors of almond and banana together were a big hit for my taste buds.
These pancakes are also pretty filling and could serve two people. Or one really hungry person (like me).
Also from Without Adornment, I would love to try the Strawberry Cheesecake Raw Vegan Cake Pops.
BAKED BANANA ALMOND PANCAKES
1 banana, sliced
1 tsp egg replacer with 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp almond milk, mixed until frothy
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 4 holes in a muffin-top pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a blender (I used my magic bullet), mix together the banana, egg replacer, water and vanilla extract for about a minute until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Divide batter equally into the four pre-greased muffin top pan holes. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden brown and middles are set. Allow to cool slightly before removing carefully from pan.
- Top with fruit and enjoy.
Source: Adapted from Without Adornment.