Add a little sparkle to your step for Valentine’s Day with these sequined heart shoe clips. Perfect for your flats or heels.
After a successful week full of spicy, saucy, sexy bites with #TripleSBites to get you prepared for Valentine’s Day, I decided to throw some festive DIY posts at you this week. First I shared a list of DIY gift ideas, followed by a Stitch Fix review to add to your wishlist, and now a cute craft to make your feet sparkle.
When I first saw the tutorial for making these heart shoe clips I imagined myself attempting and epically failing, emulating those “Pinterest fails, nailed it!”posts. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy they were to put together and only took about 15 minutes. These shoe clips can be worn on heels or flats and can be made in any shape/color you prefer. I’m tempted to make shoe clips for every holiday!
One year ago: Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Three years ago: Dark Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes with Amaretto Cream
Give gifts from the heart this Valentine’s Day with this list of DIY gifts. From homemade lip balms to red velvet hot chocolate, I’ve got you covered.
Making a gift for your dude? Paint a mug with loveable phrases, inside jokes, monogram, favorite sports team/movie/whatever and fill it with a bag full of homemade hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. Heck maybe he’d enjoy some manly peppermint lip balm too.
Wanna go crazy and make gifts for your friends? Doodle hearts onto the mugs and fill with a bag of chai tea mix, homemade chocolate lip balm, and some sparkly hair ties. I’m tempted to make myself the same combo.
And in case you are also in need of menu planning ideas, check out the links below for previous years’ Valentine’s Day Recipe Roundups:
- Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two Roundup
- Valentine’s Day Recipe Roundup (2014)
- Valentine’s Day Recipe Roundup (2012)
Welcome to the combination of red velvet and creme brulee. With so much decadence in one dessert, you’ll be glad it only serves two.
When it comes to cooking holiday meals preparation is key, even when it comes to Valentine’s Day. Unless you are cooking the meal together, you don’t want to spend the entirety of Valentine’s Day in the kitchen so if possible knock out some steps head of time. So the day before you should marinade the meat and make this creme brulee.
This creme brulee recipe is perfect for Valentine’s day not just because it is red velvet, it only makes 2 servings and is pretty easy to make as far as creme brulees go. And creme brulee is fancy. By making it the day or two before means all you have to do is show off your pyro skills and toast the sugar on top right before serving. Dessert and a show!
Now go check out all the other #TripleSBites bloggers’ recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of this post. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway brought to you by our amazing sponsors. Click HERE for more information on how to enter.
Two years ago: Valentine’s Funfetti 7 Layer Bars
Three years ago: Sausage Lasagna Heart Calzone
Red velvet isn’t complete without cream cheese. These cheesecake bars have a layer of red velvet cheesecake topped with a plain layer. Don’t forget the Oreo crust!
Welcome to Day 2 of #TripleSBites where 20 bloggers including myself are sharing spicy, saucy, and secy recipes for Valentine’s Day and beyond (said like Buzz Lightyear)! When it comes to Valentine’s Day desserts, decadent desserts as king and red velvet is a popular category. It’s time to splurge after 1-1/2 months of abiding by your new years resolutions so let’s make some red velvet cheesecake bars!
These bars have an Oreo cookie crust, topped by a layer of red velvet cheesecake, followed by another layer of plain cheesecake. The result is a bar that resembles a red velvet sheet cake topped with cream cheese frosting. Top them with fruit, fresh whipped cream, sprinkles, or enjoy them straight up. Whatever tickles your fancy!
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win the big #TripleSBites giveaway. Click HERE and use the widget located at the bottom of the post.
One year ago: Smoked Sea Salt Caramel Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Three years ago: Nutella Recipe Roundup
Welcome to a week of spicy, saucy, and sexy bites (Triple S Bites) brought to you by Camilla (Culinary Adventures with Camilla) and 19 other food bloggers!
This triple threat event is intended to celebrate romance year round, but it also happens to be relevant for the upcoming holiday – Valentine’s Day. Pay attention to the #TripleSBites hashtag across all your favorite social media platforms from today Monday, February 2nd through Monday, February 9th to catch some amazing spicy, saucy, and sexy recipes to make for you special someone. We also will be chatting on twitter Thursday, February 5th from 6-7pm Pacific time.
Recipes I shared this week:
Sweet & Spicy Asian Marinated Steak with Herb Butter
Red Velvet Layer Cheesecake Bars
Easy Greek Salmon and Orzo
Two Ingredient Nutella Fondue
Slow Cooker Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Red Velvet Creme Brulee for Two
What better way to celebrate these three S’s than teaming up with the experts? To spice up your romance even further, we have a great giveaway thanks to our incredibly generous sponsors, listed alphabetically with links to their homepages:
- 2 Armadillos
- Acala Farms
- Gourmet Garden
- Intensity Academy
- Kitchen IQ
- Mekenita Brands
- Not Ketchup
- Out of the Weeds
- Pirate Jonny’s
- Spicely Organics
- Voodoo Chef
Terms & Conditions
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment (below) and tell me What’s your favorite romantic dish to cook for your sweetheart? Many more ways to enter in the Rafflecopter widget [below].
Read the rest of this entry »
Some of you already planned on cooking dinner for two this evening. But for those of you who cancelled your reservations due to inclement weather and are now scrambling, you’ve come to the right place! In order to cater to your every need, I compiled a list of my single- and two-serving dinner and dessert recipes that I thought wold be great choices for tonight. Obviously you’ll have to double the single-serving recipes but that shouldn’t cause too much panic. I even threw in some breakfast ideas for tomorrow morning ;-).
Two years ago: Raspberry Hugs Cheesecake Blossoms
Three years ago: Sweet Swirl Cookies
- 90 Second English Muffin
- Almond Pear Panino
- Apple Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Apple Cranberry Oatmeal
- Apple-Walnut Pancakes with Brown Sugar Greek Yogurt
- Bacon, Egg and Avocado Taco
- Baked Eggs with Crispy Hash Brown Crust
- Banana Bread French Toast
- Breakfast Crème Brulee
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Cherry Vanilla Almond Overnight Oatmeal
- Cinnamon-Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Egg in a Hole Waffles
- Nutella Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate French Toast
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas & Cobbler Topping
- Vegan Buckeye Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup (pictured)
- Blackened Chicken with Cilantro Lime Quinoa and Avocado Cream Sauce
- Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas
- Chicken Taco Salad with Quesadilla Strips
- Chicken Taco Stack
- Cream Cheese and Bell Pepper Stuffed Chicken
- Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet (pictured)
- Creamy Ricotta Spinach & Shells
- Farfalle with Zucchini and Ricotta
- Honey-Lime Chicken Kebabs
- Orange Chicken with Asparagus
- Oven-Fried Avocado Tacos with Cilantro Lime Creme and Healthier Elote
- Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Broccoli
- Peach Chicken with Balsamic Glaze
- Sausage Lasagna Heart Calzone
- Simple Chicken & Sweet Pepper Stir Fry
- Spaghetti Avocado
- Spicy Thai Noodles with Tofu
- Stuffed Flank Steak with Potato Cakes
- Sweet Potato Cream Pasta with Crispy Kale
- Three Cheese Chicken and Artichoke Bake
- Vegetable Fried Rice for One
- Amaretto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Peeps Cupcakes for Two
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Cinnamon-Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Funfettinutter Cupcakes for Two
- Jumbo Reese’s Heart Stuffed Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Curd Cupcakes for Two (pictured)
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate with Oreo Crumbs
- Pumpkin Crème Brulee
- Red Velvet Mug Cake
- Single Serving Apple Crumble
- Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
- S’mores Jar Cake for One
- Vanilla Bean-Nutmeg Shake with Blackberry Swirl
Remember during November when I shared a Thanksgiving dinner for two on Single Serving Sunday? Well I had originally intended to do a Valentine’s dinner for two today, but slacked off and only made dessert. It’s still a dessert for two, making it a perfect dessert for you and a special someone to enjoy together.
These cupcakes were inspired by my strawberry stuffed cupcakes I made awhile back which were a huge hit – white cupcakes with a whole strawberry stuffed inside and topped with fresh strawberry buttercream. But this time around the cupcakes are chocolate, making them chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes! In case that isn’t good enough, they are also topped with chocolate dipped strawberry flavored Peeps.
Two years ago: Cinnamon-Blueberry Bread Pudding