This carrot cake is the only recipe I have ever used. It is perfectly moist and surrounded by cream cheese frosting, proving it’s relevance beyond Easter.
Easter may have been yesterday but it’s never too late to share a carrot cake recipe. Especially when it’s my favorite carrot cake recipe and have already managed to go 3.5 years without sharing it with the masses. The original recipe called for just white granulated sugar but I use half white and half brown sugar while also reducing the oil a little bit and find that it is perfectly moist. From there you can mix in walnuts, pecans or raisins if you so desire. But don’t forget the cream cheese frosting! I even added halved baby carrots on top for decoration.
Looking for an Easter dessert? This cute Easter bunny cake is easily constructed with two round cakes. The best part is that it’s a no-bake cake made out of rice krispies treats.
Baking for the holidays is always a lot of fun. Beyond an excuse to use festive sprinkles, there are so many creative ideas. Take this cake for example – two round cakes magically transform into this cute little guy. Unfortunately my photo-shoot for this Easter creation was not conducive to great pictures, but the execution is what’s important here. It’s an Easter bunny cake!
First things first, this is a no-bake cake. I made a cake out of rice krispies treats which were formed in cake pans. Using a simple template I cut up one of the cakes into the ears and bowtie to create the bunny. From there all that remained was to frost and decorate! You can use any assortment of candy, sprinkles, and frosting that you prefer. I made the eyes out of leftover cakeball fondant and white and black frosting, the cheeks are pink sprinkles, the nose is more cakeball fondant, the mouth is black frosting, and finally the bowtie consists of a chocolate chip cookie, cakeball fondant and sprinkles. Coconut would also be a great way to make a “fluffy” bunny but I made this cake for a non-coconut lover.
Complete Easter recipe roundup with recipes for Brunch, appetizers, sides, dinner and dessert!
With Easter just a little over a week away I thought it was a good time to gather up some recipes to help you plan your Easter Brunch and/or dinner. Many of these have appeared at Easter events I attended in the past and I know they will be a hit with your friends and family too. Do you have a favorite recipe that you have to make every year? Somehow my favorite carrot cake recipe has not made it onto the blog yet but there are a few carrot cake-inspired treats on this list – Carrot Cake Batter Dip, Carrot Cake Waffles and Carrot Cake Oatmeal!
Check back as I will be adding new recipes as we get closer to Easter!
One year ago: Speculoos Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Granola Bars
Two years ago: Flavor-Injected Glazed Ham
- Baked Blueberry French Toast with Streusel Topping
- Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Biscoff Cinnamon Rolls
- Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Stromboli
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
- Broccoli Quiche
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
- Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Parfaits
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Waffles
- French Toast Waffles
- Goat Cheese, Spinach & Tomato Quiche
- Kale Quiche
- Mini Meyer Lemon Sticky Rolls
- Mini Razzle Dazzle Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls (pictured)
- Nutella Waffles with Raspberry Syrup
- Potica Nut Roll
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Tomato-Basil Eggs Alfredo in Bread Baskets
- Veggie Eggs Benedict
- Baked Crazy Feta
- Cake Batter Fruit Dip
- Carrot Cake Batter Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Deviled Strawberries (pictured)
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Homemade Mozzarella & Caprese Salad Skewers
- Mojito Fruit Dip
- Nutella Fruit Dip
- Orange-Vanilla Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Rainbow Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Spring Salsa
- Strawberry Fruit Dip
- Toffee Apple Dip
- Veggie Cups with Green Goddess Dip & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Asparagus & Wild Rice Casserole
- Blue Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- Brussels Sprout Mac and Cheese
- Brussels Sprouts with Honey Vinaigrette
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Creamy Skillet Brussels and Corn
- Crispy Parmesan Green Beans
- Homemade Olive Garden Salad and Dressing
- Greek Yogurt-Rosemary Dinner Rolls
- Individual Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon & Jalapeno (pictured)
- Matzo Ball Soup
- Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli
- Potato, Squash and Goat Cheese Gratin
- Amaretto-Maple glazed Pork Chops
- Apple Jelly Glazed Pork Chops
- Crockpot Turkey Tenderloin with Gravy (pictured) – try with pork loin
- Flavor-Injected Glazed Ham
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Blueberry Blondie Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Cookies
- Brownie Fruit Pizza
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (pictured)
- Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- Crustless Ginger Blueberry-Pear Pie
- Flower Bouquet Cake Pops
- Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Cheesecake Frosting
- Funfetti-Peanut Butter Layer Pie
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cookies
- Graham Cracker Bars
- Key Lime Greek Yogurt Pie
- Meyer Lemon Chess Pie
- Meyer Lemon Shortcakes with Meyer Lemon Curd
- Oreo Truffles
- Peach Greek Yogurt Pie
- Pear Yogurt Almond Cake with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Buttercream
- Peepsters Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Blondies with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Rainbow Fruit Pizza Tart
- Single Serving White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treat
- Southern Caramel Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Pie
- Strawberry Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Strawberry Stuffed Cupcakes
- Sweet Swirl Cookies
Previous Roundups: Easter Recipe Roundup 2012
Happy belated Easter! I hope you all had a splendid weekend. On Sunday, I went to a friend’s for Easter brunch with other friends who were spending the holiday away from family and I brought along these fun deviled eggs. Not only are they festively colored, but they are stuffed with guacamole instead of traditional deviled eggs yolks.
In other news, my March Madness bracket completely imploded over the weekend. I’m not really a basketball fan aside from always cheering for any Ohio State sport’s team, but I always enjoy making a bracket and seeing how it all plays out. Not a single of my final four made it and of course the most disappointing one was Ohio State. Figures that the one Big Ten team that made it was Michigan. Boo. I guess I should cheer for Syracuse now since it’s close to Rochester where I grew up.
Just in time for Easter weekend, I present to you this fun and easy cupcake. You all know how much I love stuffing cookies and cupcakes with various truffles and what not, but this time I went with something more natural – a whole strawberry! It is a basic white cupcake that gets a small part of it cored after baking in order to fit the strawberry inside. Then top it off with some fresh strawberry buttercream and you’ve got one heck of a spring-time cupcake.
After celebrating Passover with my brother’s in-laws this past weekend, I don’t have much planned for Easter this weekend. I am working a regular day in the lab today, and am going to a Circa Survive concert tonight. Not exactly festive, but still fun! I will be attending my friend’s annual Easter brunch on Sunday so maybe I can bust out some bunny ears for that ;-).
In case you were unaware, Lauren of Keep It Sweet Desserts has been chosen as a finalist for the Martha Stewart American Made Awards. The winner will be selected based on votes and will be honored at the American Made event in New York City and appear in Martha Stewart Living magazine. On top of that, Keep It Sweet Desserts would get $10,000 to help grow the business.
Even though I have not purchased any of her cookies since she started her business (shame on me), I have tried a couple of her recipes and they are delicious and worthy of recognition! You can help by voting EVERY DAY between now and September 24th! Vote here: http://americanmade.
I’ve done it again – another dip using dry cake batter mix and Greek yogurt. But I added back in some of the cream cheese from my first take on cake batter dip because what’s carrot cake without cream cheese? This dip is also practically health food with the addition of carrots and walnuts to complete the carrot cake batter ensemble. Serve with graham crackers or baby carrots!
Would you believe me if I said I had another cake batter dip idea? I feel like the possibilities are endless!