Congratulations Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts, you have won a $100 American Express® Gift Card!
Here is what Erin said in response to the giveaway question – What is your favorite six-ingredient (or less) recipe?
How cool is this! Great recipe! Congrats on being picked for this! And what a wonderful giveaway. Now to come up with my favorite 6 ingredient recipe — I will go with 5 spice pork lo mein – 5 spice, pork tenderloin, noodles, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger – YUM!
Erin, please provide me with your mailing address by Monday, October 3rd! SpiffyCookie (at) gmail (dot) com.
Thank you to everyone who commented! I now have a great new list of recipes to try that came straight from your kitchens :-).
FoodBuzz paired up with American Express, and has selected 20 food bloggers, myself included, to create an original recipe with six ingredients or less as part of the Dinner@6 program. They will be selecting one favorite recipe from the twenty to win a $600 American Express gift card!
For this contest, I came up with a variation of chicken pot pie by making it into a wellington-type meal. Not only does it have just six ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, oil and water), but it’s quick and easy to make, yet looks like you spent a lot of time preparing it. The golden flaky crust is wrapped around a juicy chicken breast which has been surrounded by onion and chive cream cheese, vegetables, and cheddar cheese. In other words, delicious.
Also as part of this Dinner@6 contest sponsored by Blue Cash PreferredSM, American Express provided me with a $100 gift card to give out to one lucky commenter. Sound off in the comments for a chance to win! What is your favorite six-ingredient recipe?
PRIZE: $100 American Express® gift card
HOW TO ENTER: Leave a comment with your favorite six-ingredient recipe (salt, pepper, water, and oil do not count towards the total). Winner will be chosen at random. Giveaway ends on September 30, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. Official rules. -*-GIVEAWAY ENDED-*-
CHICKEN POT PIE WELLINGTON
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
4 Tbsp onion and chive reduced fat cream cheese
1 egg whisked with 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken and cook 8 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured work surface into a 14-inch square. Cut into four 7-inch squares.
- Place 1/4 cup cheddar in the middle of each square, followed by a 1/4 cup vegetables. Place a chicken breast over the cheese and vegetables, and spread a tablespoon of cream cheese over each.
- Lightly brush the edges of the pastry with water. Fold the pastry up and over the chicken and press to seal. Place wrapped chicken, seam-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original
Disclosure: This post part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program with American Express. Opinions are my own.