Whether you are heading on vacation of looking for everyday pieces to fit into your wardrobe, Stitch Fix has you covered.
For this month’s Stitch Fix, my usual stylist was not available so Laura filled in for her. While she wasn’t able to locate the exact items I pinned (which is not unusual) she did pull inspiration from my style board and picked items for my trip to Key Largo this weekend. I’m still without a kimono but one of these days I will find a bright colored one dang it! I’ve searched stores as well as tend to only find dark or neutral colors. If you have seen one let me know ;-). But I digress, this month’s fix wasn’t my favorite. Some of it had potential but just didn’t quite make the cut. What do you think?
P.S. Most of the jewelry I am wearing is from my other favorite subscription, Rocksbox. If you wanna try it out, you can use my code ERINBFF367 for a free month! I promise it’s addicting. Or maybe that should be a warning? Either way worth trying for a month for free!
1. Papermoon Wadsworth Crochet Back Knit Halter Top / XS / $38: Purple! We all know I love purple and although I’ve said that I’m not a huge fan of crochet/lace time and time again I actually didn’t mind it here (please excuse the exposed bra straps I was kind of in a hurry and didn’t feel like changing bras). However, as luck would have it I already have a very similar tank top. As in I have a purple top with an incredibly similar print and cut and therefore it makes zero sense to keep. Alas, RETURN.
2. Alice Blue Johnson Crochet Detail Tank / XS / $44: I just can’t. This top is all sorts of wrong for me. First off, again with the crochet? I wouldn’t have necessarily minded those details on the bottom hem but having them on two other layers was just no good. Speaking of those layers they are completely unflattering. No hesitation, RETURN.
3. Your Story Donta Ruffle Trim Mixed Material Top / XS / $48: While the color of this top was pretty, I was again not a fan of the ruffles. I’m not 100% opposed to girly features in my clothing but when you are 32 and yet sometimes get mistaken for 18, you tend to shy away from frilly things. Besides the fact that in general I don’t find myself drawn to them in the first place. If this had had clean cut hems or some kind of studded or zipper details I would have been all over it. Instead, RETURN.
4. Level 99 Jenny Cargo Skinny Pant / 2 / $108: These pants had fun details and were so close to finding a home in my closet but I wasn’t completely sold on the cargo pockets. I probably would have gone up a size if I had decided to keep them but at the same time they had some stretch to them and may have stretched out with wear. I enjoyed the darker gray color and that they were soft/comfortable but in the end the price was the killer, RETURN.
5. Adorne Ayden Jersey Maxi Dress / S / $88: Bob loved this dress. Sure it fits me well, had a fun slit, and was a great material for a trip to Key Largo but dang it I just don’t like the print! You are probably all out there thinking I am a crazy person but I know what I like and don’t like and unfortunately the dislike of the print outweighed the approving fit. Even if I kept it I doubt I would have worn it again after Key Largo. Sorry Bob, RETURN.
What’s your verdict of this month’s fix? Make sure to tell your stylist if there’s anything you want to see in your next fix!
For more details on Stitch Fix and how it works, check out my post from December 2014 or my past fixes listed below. There is also Stitch Fix for men! I bet there are plenty of men in your life that would rather have his clothing mailed to him than have to go to the store (or even shop online).
- December 2014 Stitch Fix #6
- February 2015 Stitch Fix #7
- April 2015 Stitch Fix #8
- June 2015 Stitch Fix #9
- August 2015 Stitch Fix #10
- September 2015 Stitch Fix #11
- November 2015 Stitch Fix #12
- January 2016 Stitch Fix #13
- April 2016 Stitch Fix #14
- April 2016 Stitch Fix #15
- June 2016 Stitch Fix #16
- August 2016 Stitch Fix #17
- October 2016 Stitch Fix #18
- December 2016 Stitch Fix #19
- December 2016 Stitch Fix #20
- February 2017 Stitch Fix #21
- April 2017 Stitch Fix #22
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post! I pay for these clothes on my own. However, this post does provide referral links for new sign ups which gives me a little credit to go towards my next box. Join me in the journey by signing up HERE.
One year ago: Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
Two years ago: Boozy Ginger-Lemon Fruit Salad
Five years ago: Baked Blueberry French Toast with Streusel Topping
Six years ago: Chick’amole Salad Sandwich