Why serve your burger with a glass of root beer when you can pour it on top? This burger is anything but basic with blue cheese, crispy onions, and a root beer reduction.
Other than it being my birthday month, wanna know why I love May? Because it’s burger month!! And once again our trusty leader Kita (Girl Carnivore) has lined up an epic month long event full of burger goodness. Week one has already finished and I am here to help bring in week #2.
Picking out a burger worthy of this occasion comes with a bit of pressure because it can’t be and old burger. While yes I do love a good classic, this is the time to experiment and get crazy with your burger. My idea came from my recent obsession with reducing root beer into a syrup to then be mixed into baked goods such as cookies. So what if I put it on top of a burger instead? After all, it makes for a great liquid to cook meat in the slow cooker. And I happen to have a lot of hard root beer in my possession at the moment.
Let’s take that regular beef patty seasoned with a bit of steak seasoning, top it with crumbly blue cheese, crispy onions and root beer reduction, and serve it on a tasted bun. Talk about a dream come true for this root beer lover (up there with the peanut butter bacon burger). Because why should you limit yourself to serving your burger with just a glass of root beer on the side when you can have it ON your burger?
Where this epic burger creation is my own for #BurgerMonth 2016, I would love to thank Certified Angus Beef, Cowboy Charcoal, Char-broil, Dreamfarm, Cabot Cheese, Grill Master Club, American Lamb Board, and CuttingBoard.com for the kick butt grill prize packages! Make sure you check out the Rafflecopter giveaway at the end of this post!
One year ago: Baked French Toast Boats
Two years ago: Breakfast Casserole Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
Three years ago: Strawberry Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats
Four years ago: Malted Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
HARD ROOT BEER BURGERS WITH BLUE CHEESE AND CRISPY ONIONS
1 (12 oz.) bottle hard root beer (regular also works)
1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp steak seasoning
8 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1 cup French fried onions
4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring the root beer to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced to about 2-3 tablespoons. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat gill or place a large non stick pan on the stove top.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and seasoning together and form into 4 patties. Grill or pan fry about 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Place burger on bottom half of burger bun, top with blue cheese, fried onions, and a drizzle of root beer glaze. Sandwich with top half of burger bun and dig in!
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Dreamfarm Big Vebo ($37.95)
- American Lamb
- Cabot cheesebox
- Cert Angus Beef
- Charbroil Grill
- Cowboy Charcoal Samplers
- Cuttingboard.com cutting board
- GrillMasters Club Box